Internally & Externally
CARE International in Timor-Leste – CITL
Department / Project : HAFORSA Project
Position : Finance and Administration Officer
Supervisor : Finance Manager/HAFORSA Project Supervisor
Grade : E1
Salary : From $384per month plus benefits
Location of Work : Dili with frequent travel to Ermera
Position Report To : Finance Manager/HAFORSA Project Supervisor
Contract period : Until January 2017 (renewable up to 3 years)
CARE is an international development and humanitarian aid organization fighting global poverty, with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities. As a non-religious and non-political organization, CARE works with communities to help overcome poverty by supporting development efforts and providing emergency assistance. CARE’s long term program will focus on women and girls in rural disadvantage areas with four priority areas: SRM Health and Rights, Women’s Economic Empowerment, Women’s Voice and Education.
Since February 2016, CITL started to implement Atsabe Rural Development Project for Improvement of Livelihoods (HAFORSA) Project in Atsabe, Sub-district of Ermera. This project, funded by the Government of Japan, aims at improving agricultural livelihood opportunities towards poverty reduction, especially for women who often do not have the opportunities to demonstrate their ability to contribute to sustainable livelihood and income generation. To attain this objective, the project intends to strengthen (i) capacity of farmers in Atsabe to have diversified and sustainable livelihoods in agriculture; and (ii) capacity of target female farmers to participate in livelihood activities. The project will target 22 Aldeias in all sucos of Atsabe.
Finance and Administration Officer (F&A Officer) is responsible to for ensuring all finance documents submitted by the project comply with policies and procedure and donor requirement, uploading to system and presenting them in monthly project finance report. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting project staff to prepare the finance forms with correct coding and proper supporting documents, prepare and follow up the payment for project staff such as advances, final payment etc, socialize the policies and procedures, verify the coding based on the project budget, correspondence with project managers and donors and travelling to the field base/project location if required. F&A Officer will also support the project staff in administration work such as with travel request, time-sheet, filing, and procurement etc.
Position Report to: Finance Manager/HAFORSA Project Supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities:
(a) Working closely with project to ensure all finance document submitted by project are comply with policies and procedure and donor requirement, uploading to system, filed and presenting them in monthly project finance report
- Ensure the financial transaction for project expenditure are processed, authorized, verified and recorded properly in comply with policy and procedures and donor requirement.
- Prepare and submit the new coding request to Care Australia
- Review the monthly report with the HAFORSA Project Supervisor and Finance Manager
- Prepare the required journals and post into system after approved by DFM/FM
- Prepare the monthly budget versus actual report for projects.
- Provide assistance and support for projects staff related to project advances and acquittal, induction for new staff, update the new & revised policies and procedures, final payment and also travelling to project sites if required.
- Filing the project documentation in project information folder.
- Provide support to ensure the procurement process is done timely and properly.
- Working with external parties related to project requirement such as Auditor, Donors, Care Japan and Australia, etc
- Follow up the reports and invoices should be submitted to donors.
- Respond to Auditor’s requirement and queries.
- Building the good relationship and communication with external parties such as donor, partners, and Care International Japan.
- Provide support in partnership especially in financial management and capacity building
- Office Management
- Ensure the availability of office supplies in Dili and Field Office and the efficiency in usage and distribution.
- Ensure the monthly time-sheet and other related documentation related to payroll process for all project staffs are submitted in time and properly including collecting, training, reviewing them for submitting to payroll officer.
- Ensure relevant documents are filed accordingly and maintain the office in order
- Travel Management
- Prepare a travel request document (Trip ticket, travel advances and acquittal) and ensure they are processed, authorized, verified and recorded properly in comply with policy and procedures and donor requirement.
- Prepare the daily/monthly vehicle log sheet and check with the Project Officer
- Arrange accommodation and transport for visitors
- Additional Tasks
- Promote a safe and secure work environment; foster a culture of safety and security awareness and ensure a consistent application of, and compliance with, CITL safety and security policies and procedures;
- Demonstrate understanding of gender equality and women’s empowerment and a commitment to CITL’s approach and values including ethnic diversity and cultural sensitivity;
- Uphold and promote CITL commitment to Child Protection.
- Working closely with Base Administration and other support units such as Administration, Safety & Security, Supply Chain and IT
- Any other relevant task as assigned by the supervisor.
- Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree in any business related course (preferably Accounting)
- Experience at least three years in accounting and finance areas
- Experiences in handling projects report from various donors (EC, AUSAID, USAID etc) will be an advantage.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good written and verbal skills in the English language
- Knowledge in computers (Windows, spreadsheets, etc.). Experience in working with computerized accounting system, standard spreadsheet and database programs such as Scala or Sun System.
- Good attention to detail and ability to work in fast-paced and stressful environmental
- Willingness to travel to Atsabe, Ermera Municipality as needed
In return of your commitment you will benefit from ongoing professional development fostered within an innovative and forward thinking environment, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply to this position, please email or submit your application letter and Curriculum Vitae with two references (Please DO NOT attached the other documents) to email@example.com OR to HR Unit, CARE International Timor-Leste, Bairo Pitte, Dili, OR by email before or by date deadline on 4th May 2016. Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women are strong encouraged to apply.
CARE International Timore-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment.