PNDS Support Program – Driver
Job Reference Number
Position no. SS25
Locally Engaged Staff
Australasia; Timor-Leste; Dili
The Programa Nasional Dezenvolvimentu Suku (PNDS), or National Program for Village Development, is a nation-wide community development program of the Government of Timor-Leste. Launched in June 2012 and valued at $300 million over eight years, it is contributing to rural development by funding the ‘missing link’ to services – basic village infrastructure – and providing jobs and training.
The Government of Timor-Leste (GoTL) is providing each village with an annual grant of around US$50,000 to plan, construct and manage their own small scale infrastructure projects. An Inter-Ministerial Committee and Technical Working Group, representing key ministries (Finance, State Administration, Health, Education, Agriculture, Public Works and the National Development Agency), have been established to oversee the implementation of PNDS. A PNDS Secretariat within the Ministry of State Administration supports these bodies and is responsible for the implementation of PNDS.
The Government of Australia (GoA) is assisting the Government of Timor-Leste (GoTL) to implement PNDS through the PNDS Support Program Phase II (PSP-II) managed by Cardno Emerging Markets.
The PNDS Support Program currently has a vacancy for the position of Driver
- The objective of this role is to assist with the day-to-day operations of PNDS-SP by driving and caring for program vehicles, and undertaking additional logistical and administrative tasks.
- Transport program staff, goods, parcels and documents in and around Timor-Leste as requested
- Assist the Senior Logistics Officers in the care and maintenance of vehicles, including but not limited to vehicle refuelling, cleaning, inspection and general repairs and maintenance
- Operate program vehicles and travel in accordance with Cardno policies and with safety paramount in all travel
- Assist field staff when in the field with program activities as requested
- Assist with general office administration tasks
- Carry out other duties as requested
- Maintain an ongoing vehicle log book for the trips, daily mileage
- Provide periodic vehicle inspection
- Design regular Journey Management Plans when travelling in the field
A copy of the Terms of Reference and Selection Criteria for this position can be found by clicking on the link: http://www.cardno.com/en-au/Careers/Pages/PNDS-Support-Program-%E2%80%93-Driver.aspx
Please click on the Terms of Reference for selection criteria and how to apply.
To be contracted for the period of 12 months
Email your application with the reference ‘SS25 – Driver’ in the subject line to email@example.com.
For further information about this position:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference ‘SS25 – Driver’ in the subject line.
Closing date: 12 May 2016, 5.00pm Dili time.
Late applications will not be considered.
Cardno is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cardno encourages women to apply. Cardno recognizes the moral and legal responsibility to provide an equal opportunity workplace by ensuring that all recruitment and selection decisions are based on the best qualified and experienced candidate who can perform the genuine inherent requirements of the position.
Cardno is committed to Child Protection, Anti-bribery and Fraud prevention in the delivery of our International Development project and programs. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and may include a relevant police or criminal record check.