Plan International in Timor-Leste
Project : Youth Empowerment for Sustainable -Development
Position : Village Saving and Loans Officer
Grade : C1
Based : Maubisse Sub-District
Report to : Youth District Coordinator
Founded 75 years ago, Plan is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organisations in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations”. We have been working in Timor-Leste since 2001.
In support of its current growth, Plan International in Timor-Leste wishes to recruits;
Village Saving and Loans Officer
The Savings and Loan Officer is responsible to provide technical support and oversight to savings and loan activities undertaken through Youth Empowerment programs for social protection and livelihood/business development. He/she will support partners to ensure that savings and loan activities are implemented with a high degree of transparency and accountability to members of the groups, and that the groups are formed, supported and structured in a sustainable way
Dimensions of Role:
· This role is expected to work across two districts: two district Ainaro (Maubisse) and Aileu District.
· Responsible for working with young women and men, youth groups, partner organizations and local community members in suco and aldeia, especially those in remote areas.
· He/she will also ensure that the savings and loan groups are supportive and enabling for women’s participation and leadership.
· The savings and loan officer will also support the collection of good quality data to enable analysis and tracking the impact of the groups, and will facilitate the partners to reflect and adjust approaches based on the monitoring data.
· The Savings and Loan Officer will also represent YE program on relevant working groups and will contribute to the influencing of government policies and practices related to savings and loans.
· Works closely with the Youth Empowerment District Coordinator in Aileu and Ainaro district and other YE Technical Officers, as well as with M&E Coordinator and other YE Program staff
Knowledge and Experience Required
· At least completion of the secondary school education, preferably university education.
· Experience working with youth, in particular in training environment and strong facilitation skills and negotiation skills
· Experience in implementing or supporting partner to implement savings and loan activities;
· Experience in book keeping, accounting or economics.
· Experience supporting and monitoring partners;
· Experience in working in teams and in the effective delivery of project activities;
· Relevant qualifications or skills in a professional discipline i.e. community development, agronomy economics, accounting etc. or equivalent substantial experience.
· Knowledge and commitment to gender equality, disability inclusion, and child protection
· Understanding and ability of collecting information, data and materials required for program reporting.
· Ability to work independently and as a part of the team, in respectful and responsible manner.
· Ability to effectively plan and implement project activities to ensure meeting deadlines and Program objectives
· Knowledge of English would be advantageous
· Computer literacy (basic skills of using computers and key programs)
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS AND CONSULTANCIES…
- We strongly encourage applications from women and from people with disabilities
- Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
- Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff and consultants are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
- Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 29 April 2016
TO APPLY FOR POSTS …. Send resume/CV with cover letter and names and contact details of three referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org or by hand Plan International in Timor-Leste Avenida Nu’u Laran No. 20 Bairo dos Grilos (near Xanana Sport Centre, opposite CNRT Office), Dili, Timor-Leste
Any questions can be directed to the above email address or phone (+670) 331 2492.