Plan International in Timor-Leste
Founded 75 years ago, Plan is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organisations in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations”. We have been working in Timor-Leste since 2001.
In support of its current growth, Plan International in Timor-Leste wishes to recruits;
Re-Advertise Community Mobilizing Officer AINARO DISTRICT PROGRAM UNITS (MAUBISSE SUB-DISTRICT)
Plan’s programs in Ainaro Districts aim to ensure that children realize their rights to health, clean water and sanitation, education, and protection from violence, abuse and disaster risks.
These programs are partly funded by regular donations from Plan Timor Leste’s 9,000+ individual Child Sponsors, and will increasing be funded by Sponsors in future. Plan makes very long-term commitments to the communities where we have Sponsored Children.
Community Mobilization Officers will ensure communications to these Sponsors about the children, families and communities their donations are helping. The Community Mobilization Officers support Community Volunteers to produce communications, and verify the quality and accuracy of these communications.
The Community Mobilization Officers are based in the sukus of Maubisse Sub-District: i.e. they live and work in the sukus.
Dimensions of Role:
The CMO leads and guides Community Volunteers. To a significant extent he/she manages his/her own time.
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS AND CONSULTANCIES…
- We strongly encourage applications from women and from people with disabilities
- Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
- Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff and consultants are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
- Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 29 April 2016
TO APPLY FOR POSTS …. Send resume/CV with cover letter and names and contact details of three referees, to email@example.com or by hand Plan International in Timor-Leste Avenida Nu’u Laran No. 20 Bairo dos Grilos (near Xanana Sport Centre, opposite CNRT Office), Dili, Timor-Leste or to Plan Ainaro District Office.