KOICA Timor-Leste Office
Title: Health Project Officer
Program: Safe Pregnancy and Birth Program in Ainaro Municipality
Reports to: Project field manager
Work Location: Dili with frequent travel to all municipalities
Contract Duration: 1 year with possible extension
Background of the Program
The Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) has been supporting the Ministry of Health in improving the health services. Under the health sector program, KOICA and MoH are implementing the Safe Pregnancy and Birth Program in Ainaro Municipality from 2016 to 2018. This program is designed to strengthen the maternal health care system and help achieve the national goal of reducing maternal morbidity and mortality ration for mothers and their infants.
The project officer will work closely with the Mother and Child Health Dept. of the Ministry of Health, Ainaro health director, directors of community health centers in Ainaro, other stakeholders, and to the project field manager:
- In coordination and communication with MCH dept., the district health officials, and other stakeholders in implementing the program
- Assist the field manager in managing, supervising, monitoring and evaluating the program implementation
- Administrative work – collect daily records, writing a report to various matters, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Fluent in Tetum and English (Reading, Writing, and Speaking)
- Undergraduate or equivalent/higher degree in health related
- Strong interpersonal & communications skills
- Experience or understanding in development assistance/aid
- Good knowledge in IT tools (MS word, excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong understanding in administration and general management
- Able to write official letter for various matter
- Experience working in the health sector especially for mother and child health of at least 1 year is an advantage
All applicants must submit a CV with cover letter in English, including name/contact details of two reachable referees, to email@example.com or deliver by hand at KOICA Timor-Leste Office in Hotel the Ramelau, Rua Aimutin Comoro, Dili. All application must be received by KOICA no later than 17:30PM 30th April, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and required to attend selection procedure.