ChildFund Timor Leste
Position Vacancy Announcement for Project Manager, Youth Employment Project
ChildFund Timor Leste, Non-Governmental, child development International organization, has been working in Timor Leste for over 20 years. ChildFund is looking for dynamic, motivated, committed and experienced persons to fill open position in the organization.
Salary: A competitive salary based on qualification and experience; friendly work environment, team work and opportunity to grow. Good opportunity to learn community development programming
Position: Project Manager – Youth Employment Project (1) Based Dili
Report to: Program Director
Summary of the position:
The Project Manager for Youth Employment Project which is funded by the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade through ChildFund New Zealand shall serve as the technical specialist, expert, and a resource person in youth employment and livelihood program of ChildFund Timor Leste.
As a technical expert, he/she will perform the overall management of the project (staff supervision, and project planning and implementation) and provide technical support in enhancing youth employment models and making sure that desired outcomes of the project will be achieved. He/she will also build and represent the organization in external forums and cultivating relationships with potential employers in Timor Leste that the project seeks to connect with trained youth participants.
A. Project Management
– Ensure the timely implementation of project activities; target outputs and outcomes being achieved.
B. Capacity Building
– Build the knowledge and capacity of project staff through training, on the job mentoring/coaching and exposure to the youth employment model/program to enable them to efficiently plan their day-to-day work and provide appropriate support to the youth.
C. Monitoring & Reporting
– Conduct regular project monitoring visits to ensure that program standards are followed and maintained, and provide feedback and recommendations to the staff and local partners for improvements to project implementation
D. Networking & Linkaging
– Cultivate working relationship with government agencies, non-governmental agencies and private sector partners, and connecting potential employers with trained youth participant through the project, to promote discussion and action on youth employment issues, and coming up with appropriate measures to address the issue of youth in the workplace.
– Assist in development of grant project proposals for new funding opportunities.
Qualifications and experience
For this vacancy, ChildFund Timor-Leste welcomes serious applications from qualified national and international candidates already based in Timor-Leste. The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in education, social sciences, or development sciences. A postgraduate degree (MA, MSc) in related field would be an advantage. Minimum 5 years progressive work experience in youth employment, livelihoods and enterprise development is required. Previous NGO experience in a similar position is required, as well as an understanding of Child Rights and Child Protection. High level of fluency in English, and the ability to read and write technical reports in English, are required. ChildFund Timor-Leste prefers that the successful candidate can start duties before end of May 2016.
Method of Application
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter describing their suitability following the above required qualifications and experiences in English. The candidate should include a recent CV, last education certificate and names of three traceable referees with their contact details. All applications should be addressed to HR National Office, ChildFund Timor-Leste, Rua Lacerda de Maia, Vila Verde, Dili or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All application must be received by ChildFund not later than 2nd May 2016 only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.