Internally & Externally
CARE International in Timor-Leste – CITL
Department / Project : HAFORSA Project
Position : Project Officer
Supervisor : Deputy Project Manager
Grade : D1
Salary : From $536per month plus benefits
Location of Work : Atsabe, Ermera
Position Report To : Deputy Project Manager
Contract period : 1 Year with Possible Extension
CARE is an international development and humanitarian aid organization fighting global poverty, with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities. As a non-religious and non-political organization, CARE works with communities to help overcome poverty by supporting development efforts and providing emergency assistance. We believe supporting women and girls is one of the most effective ways to create sustainable outcomes in poor communities.
- MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Project Planning
- Mobilize and liaise with community members and farmers both to formulate new farmers’ groups and to consolidate the existing farmers groups
- Support planning activities and take a lead in conducting the Climate Vulnerability Community Assessment (CVCA) for target farmers under the guidance of the Deputy Project Manager (DPM)
- Facilitate and deliver training activities (technical and demonstration)
- Collect information on the best agricultural approach, take a lead in testing and practicing suitable for Atsabe, and preparing the training materials
- Provide follow up support to farmer’s groups in implementing the training
- Take a lead in organizing the workshops and the farmer field days
- Take a lead in monitoring implementation of activities by famers based on the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) plan and provide inputs for periodical reports
- Support farmers developing and implementing Aldeia Resilient Action Plans (ARAPs) and monitor the implementation process
- Office management support
- Work together with Base Administrators to track vehicle movement, keep DPM informed, and liaise with CITL fleet to ensure the vehicle is in good condition
- Supervise the driver based in Ermera.
- Take a lead in project implementation and monitoring at Atsabe when DPM is away.
- Attend meetings with local authority and relevant stakeholder in Ermera when DPM is away.
- Supervise the project office staff and take up DPM’s responsibilities when DPM is away
- Additional Tasks
- To proactively Manage in the APPA process including the annual appraisal, midyear review and regular 1:1 meetings, ensuring that the APPA process (including the paperwork) is an integral component of Annual Work Plans and activities
- Promote a safe and secure work environment; foster a culture of safety and security awareness and ensure a consistent application of, and compliance with, CITL safety and security policies and procedures;
- Demonstrate understanding of gender equality and women’s empowerment and a commitment to CITL’s approach and values including ethnic diversity and cultural sensitivity; and
- Uphold and promote CITL commitment to Child Protection.
- Any other relevant task as assigned by the supervisor.
- Experience and Qualifications
- Technical expertise in agricultural techniques, production, and post production
- Either a Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years working experience in agriculture or a relevant field (preferred) or 7 years working experience in agriculture or a relevant field
- Experience in community mobilization in the municipality level
- Experience in providing training and good facilitation skills
- Experience in managing staff
- Ability in time management and shifting priorities and deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Excellent ability to work independently and in a team
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy within standard Microsoft Office programs, i.e. Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills in Tetun (written and oral). Ability to communicate in English and/or local languages such as Mambae and Kemak an asset.
- Availability to live and stay in Atsabe, Ermera Municipality and travel to rural communities.
In return of your commitment you will benefit from ongoing professional development fostered within an innovative and forward thinking environment, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply to this position, please email your submit the application letter and Curriculum Vitae with two references (Please DO NOT attached the other documents) to email@example.com OR to HR Unit, CARE International Timor-Leste, Bairo Pitte, Dili, OR by email before or by date deadline on 20th April 2016. Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview.
|CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE International Timor-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment.