Program Officer for PNDS Monitoring & Evaluation
Title: Program Officer for PNDS Monitoring & Evaluation
Program: Local Governance Program
Reports to: Local Governance Coordinator
Unit: Timor-Leste Office
Work Location: Dili with frequent travel to all municipalities
Contract Duration: Up to 30 June 2017
The Support Program Officer will ensure the implementation of PNDS M&E particularly looking at the PNDS implementation process, and community participation at all stages of PNDS cycle as well as PNDS research studies. In coordination with local governance coordinator he or she will work very closely with local partners in the designing of PNDS M&E methodology; develop questionnaires, and preparing report. He or she also will work very closely with selected University and or researcher to design research framework on PNDS program and how it fits to Timorese government environment.
Internal Foundation Contacts
Local Governance Coordinator, and team, other relevant program staff, finance, and administrative staff in the Foundation’s East Timor office on a regular basis.
East Timorese partner organizations, including Ministry of State Administration, DFAT, suco councils, civil society representatives and other government agencies;
Job function and responsibilities
- Working closely with Ministry of State Administration, Ministry of Integrated Strategic Planning (MPIE) and other organs of government to identify assistance needed to advance support on PNDS implementation;
- Working closely with District Administrators, Sub District Administrators, and PNDS facilitators to coordinate PNDS process and Participation Monitoring
- Organize events involving both government, partners and other stakeholders to discuss progress, challenges and opportunities for PNDS implementation;
- Manage consultants, resource person, and other staffs contracted to implement program activities in relation to PNDS;
- Prepare budget, activities plan, activities report, training program, scope of work, term of reference, and documents needed to support local parners (Luta Hamutuk and Belun) to implement PNDS process and participation monitoring;
- Working closely with Luta Hamutuk and Belun on monthly activities such FGDs, interviews, observation and others work needed;
- Review quarterly report on PNDS monitoring progress and provide feedback to Luta Hamutuk and Belun;
- Prepare draft quarterly report and update progress report to be sent to PNDS secretariat;
- Organize monthly regular meeting with Luta Hakutuk and Belun as well as involving PNDS secretariat and other organization that involve in PNDS monitoring;
- Assist in coordinating, and manage round table discussion, training, presentation and other event organized in connection with PNDS activities;
- Working with Luta Hamutuk and Belun to ensure budget projection and expenditure are properly planned and executed
- Perform such other functions as may be necessary to ensure the project implementation in the project sites.
- Demonstrate work experience and knowledge in dealing with government offices, civil society and community leaders (suku councils) in Timor Leste, including design and implementation of capacity building program;
- Demonstrate work experiences and knowledge in project management of a governance project funded by an international donor;
- Familiar with community leaders/suku councils including civil society groups in Timor Leste;
- Professional experience with an international NGO is preferred;
- Knowledge of and experience with East Timor government ministries, and agencies, and NGOs;
- Experience in facilitating, coordinating, and communicating between organizations and individuals
- Familiarity with grant management, either as grantee or grantor;
- Ability to work closely, cooperatively, with government and NGOs;
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills (English, Tetum, and Portuguese);
- Culturally sensitive interpersonal skills, strong organizational abilities, and computer literacy;
- Excellent analytical and presentational skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to East Timor development;
- A university degree in public administration, economic, management, political science, preferable related subject from an international accredited university or college
- Advance diploma
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skill;
- Demonstrated organizational abilities;
- Computer proficient in word processing and spreadsheets.
The Asia Foundation strongly encourages women to apply. The position is open for Timorese nationals only.
All applications must include a cover letter, an updated CV and must address the selection criteria. Please include three contactable referees. They must be addressed to Odete Laranjinha Pinto – Human Resources Officer, and delivered by hand to the Asia Foundation’s office at Avenida Luro Mata Bairro Metin II, Dili, Timor-Leste OR via email email@example.com before or by 12 April 2016 at 05.00 PM.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview.