CARE International in Timor-Leste – CITL
Department / Project : Lafaek
Position : Market Assessment Officer
Supervisor : Lafaek Project Manager
Grade : C1
Country Office : CARE Timor International in Timor Leste (CITL)
Salary : From $702 per month plus benefits
Location of Work : Dili
Position Report To : Lafaek Project Manager
Position Supervisors : N/A
Job Description Prepared by : PQM
Date Job Description Updated : 7th March 2016
Date Job Description Evaluated : N/A
Contract period : 1 month
CARE is an international development and humanitarian aid organization fighting global poverty, with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities. As a non-religious and non-political organization, CARE works with communities to help overcome poverty by supporting development efforts and providing emergency assistance. We believe supporting women and girls is one of the most effective ways to create sustainable outcomes in poor communities.
CARE’s long term program focuses on women and girls in rural disadvantaged areas with four priority areas: Sexual Reproductive and Maternal Health and Rights, Women’s Economic Empowerment, Women’s Voice and Education.
- PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
CARE International in Timor-Leste (CITL) is currently undertaking a market assessment of printing services (supply and demand) in Dili. This position will be responsible for coordinating this assessment including managing the planning, scheduling, interviewing, write up and follow up of all assessment activities. The position will be supported by an assessment team from across the organisation
- MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and update detailed plans for the implementation of the assessment including scheduling and contacting relevant stakeholders
- Coordinate the assessment team to ensure the assessment is completed on time according to the plan
- Attend all assessment interviews and meetings to represent CITL. Ensure full notes are documented and the database is updated
- Monitor the progress of the market assessment and report on this to senior management
- Undertake initial analysis of the findings of the assessment and prepare reports/presentations on findings as required
- Promote a safe and secure work environment; foster a culture of safety and security awareness and consistently follow all CARE safety and security policies, procedures and directives
- Demonstrate an understanding of gender equality and women’s empowerment and a commitment to CARE’s approach and values including ethnic diversity and cultural sensitivity
- Uphold and promote CARE’s commitment to Child Protection
- EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Degree in business, management or other related technical degree
- Experience in the private sector, market analysis or business planning an advantage
- Ability to represent the organisation externally to a variety of different stakeholders
- Well organised and strong ability to coordinate a team effectively and efficiently
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in Tetun and English
- Ability to comply with and uphold all relevant CARE International in Timor Leste policies and standard procedures
- Computer literacy within standard Microsoft Office programs, i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, and data bases and excellent communication skills both written and spoken in English and Tetun
In return of your commitment you will benefit from ongoing professional development fostered within an innovative and forward thinking environment, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply to this position, please email or submit your application letter and Curriculum Vitae with two references (Please DO NOT attached the other documents) to email@example.com OR to HR Unit, CARE International Timor-Leste, Bairo Pitte, Dili, OR by email before or by date deadline on 13 March 2016. Due to the urgency fo the role potential applicants may be contacted prior to the closing date. Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview.
|CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE International Timor-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment.