ADRA Timor-Leste – CLTS Hygiene Promotion Officer
Purpose of position
To improve attitudes and behaviours of rural communities in Viqueque district of Timor-Leste on sanitation and hygiene practices using CLTS methodology by assisting in ADRA Timor Leste’s community hygiene training programs (most likely to be based in Dilor Community, Lacluta Sub-district, Viqueque).
Only applicants with CLTS training experience will be considered for this position.
Starts no later than 1 April, 2016 or sooner if possible.
Finishes: June 30, 2016.
1. Contribute to the monitoring of hygiene and sanitation outputs and project activities carried out by local female CHV’s and field staff.
2. Collate relevant information and assist with reporting requirements to the donor.
3. Network and liaise with District Health Officers, as well as local health centres and clinics.
4. Conduct hygiene and sanitation training in all target communities.
5. Manage the team of local CHV’s with ongoing follow up visits in communities after the completion of training events throughout the life of the project.
6. Undertake any other tasks that may be delegated by the ADRA Timor-Leste Program Manager that are in keeping with the scope of the role.
Major challenges include working as part of a team, including collaboration with the Country and Field Offices, and engaging in continuous professional development and actively seeking to continuously improve program processes and outcomes. May be asked to work in remote locations.
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities
1. Experience in delivery and presentation of CLTS activities.
2. Experience in conducting training and organising community based workshops.
3. Good presentation skills and ability to communicate to varied audiences, including those with limited literacy.
4. Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines.
5. Ability to prepare and work within budgets for planned training activities.
6. Excellent community engagement skills.
7. Demonstrated ability to work as a part of a team, organise work and supervise others.
8. Flexibility, adaptability and willingness to take on tasks and learn to apply new health and hygiene methodologies in community settings.
9. Uphold the values of the organisation
10. Ability to communicate in Tetun Terik (English an advantage) – oral and written.
11. Be willing to undertake travel within Viqueque and to Dili as required by the project.
Gender Policy: Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
Job Location: The position will most likely be based in Dilor Community of Viqueque District.
Applications for the position are due on 18 March 2016 at 12:00 pm. Candidates fulfilling the criteria may send in their application along with a copy of their Curriculum Vitae and full contact address to the following email addresses:
or deliver to: ADRA Timor Leste,
“ADRA Timor-Leste is a child safe organisation and screens applicants for suitability to work with children, the successful applicant will be required to obtain a police check. Police checks must be conducted for each country in which the individual has lived for 12 months or longer over the last five years, and for the individual’s country of citizenship. Individuals need to provide their consent to a criminal record check and should be informed of the purpose for which the resulting police clearance certificate should be used. ADRA Timor-Leste recognises that in limited instances it may prove impossible to obtain a reliable criminal record check. A statutory declaration outlining efforts made to obtain a police check, and disclosing any charges and spent convictions related to child exploitation, may be accepted in lieu.”
Only short listed candidates will be notified and applications will not be returned. Only those with specific CLTS experience will be considered for this position.