Internally & Externally
CARE International in Timor-Leste – CITL
Department / Project : LAFAEK
Position : Regional M&E Supervisor
Supervisor : DPM for M&E and Learning
Grade : D1
Salary : From $536 per month plus benefits
Location of Work : Temporarily in Dili but will assign to base in East Region in the future
Position Report To : DPM for MEL
Position Supervisors : N/A
Job Description Prepared by : Project Manager
Contract period : 1st April 2016-30 June 2016 with possibility of multiyear extension
Depends on work performance
CARE is an international development and humanitarian aid organization fighting global poverty, with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities. As a non-religious and non-political organization, CARE works with communities to help overcome poverty by supporting development efforts and providing emergency assistance. We believe supporting women and girls is one of the most effective ways to create sustainable outcomes in poor communities.
CARE’s long term program will focus on women and girls in rural disadvantage areas with four priority areas: SRM Health and Rights, Women’s Economic Empowerment, Women’s Voice and Education.
Under the guidance of the MEL DPM, the regional MEL supervisor will be implementing the MEL system in the field level, monitoring and ensuring high quality and timely inputs and ensuring that project activities are implemented in a cost effective and timely manner.
The Regional MEL Supervisor will be responsible for designing and implementing the MEL activities of the Project; monitor the project activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining the MIS of the Project and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities. He/she will be required to be based in the field.
A. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Lafaek Learning Media Project team and CARE’s Program Quality Unit to develop the MEL system. This includes development of project MEL database and tools based on the Project’s Logical Framework;
- Assume the overall responsibility for the implementation of the project’s MEL plan in the field under the guidance and supervision of the Education Program Coordinator, MEL DPM and in coordination with Project Manager;
- Supervise and build the capacity of the MEL team members by providing on-the-job support to ensure effective implementation of the MEL activities at the field level;
- Ensure that the project gathers timely and accurate evidence-based information regarding project progress and that all information is properly reported and archived;
- Ensure that the success stories are documented and reported and on a monthly basis;
- Lead the data entry, data verification, and cross checking process;
- Identify training needs, organize, and lead appropriate training sessions on the relevant MEL topics for the MEL team members, Field Officers, and partner organizations;
- Conduct frequent visits to all LLM project schools and communities – meet with school administrators, teachers, students, parents, and other community members to verify and collect relevant information;
- Provide support to project surveys, this includes baseline, midline and end line evaluation;
- Liaise with the Ministry of Education, UNICEF and other relevant stakeholders to ensure access to EMIS data and other relevant databases/ research results in country, in cooperation with the project team.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
- Masters Degree in Education, statistics or equivalent
- 3 years of experience in designing and implementing MEL activities, preferably in Education programming
- Demonstrated ability in the use of quantitative and qualitative methods including questionnaire design, survey techniques, and participatory approaches
- Proven strong report writing skills, ability to present monitoring data and survey finding clearly
- Strong organizational development skills and experience in development of and training for information and monitoring systems
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge through informal and formal trainings of staff
- Proven strong participatory management and supervisory skills
- Computer proficiency with MS Office, MS Access, Statistical Programs (et. STATA, SAS, SPSS)
- Proven knowledge of Data Management methods and applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to manage tight timelines and potentially stressful, shifting priorities and deadlines
- Ready to be based in the field
- Excellent attention to details
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Superior interpersonal skills
In return of your commitment you will benefit from ongoing professional development fostered within an innovative and forward thinking environment, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply to this position, please submit your email or application letter and Curriculum Vitae with two references (Please DO NOT attached the other documents) to email@example.com OR to HR Unit, CARE International Timor-Leste, Bairo Pitte, Dili, OR by email before or by date deadline on 10 March 2016. Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview.
|CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE International Timor-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment.