Plan International in Timor-Leste
Founded 75 years ago, Plan is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organisations in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations”. We have been working in Timor-Leste since 2001.
In support of its current growth, Plan International in Timor-Leste wishes to recruits;
Administrative Officer (one position)
Background: The Administrative Officer will be based at the Aileu District Office and report to the District Manager, the Administrative Officer will support the district operational department in providing administrative service including procurement, fleet, logistics, HR and other aspect of admin support
Dimensions of the Position:
The position involve people and financial management. He/she require to perform administration and logistics works to support operation and program activities at the District Office level in liaising with Country Office (CO).
Responsibilities and Accountabilities of the Position:
ADMINISTRATION and OFFICE MANAGEMENT
· Support in the administration work in the office. Manage incoming and outgoing mails correspondences and proper handle to concern staff
· Provide admin support for variety activities and events such as meeting, conferences, workshop
· Manages meeting venue bookings and keeps the respective staff informed on the arrangements
· Support Administration Coordinator on Annual budget plan
· Coordinate all travel arrangement for local and international travel including flight, transportation and accommodation and assist visitor when necessary.
· Provide guests hospitality and handling telephone call in a professional manner.
· Ensure the maintenance of the office and its supporting facilities which provides a professional environment for people to work
· Provide support in the management of an effective and efficient Human Resource Development service to the PU level. Manage the leave form of the district office staff. Coordinate with the HR at CO to make sure any information on HR related are distribute to the staff
PROCUREMENT AND LOGISTICS
· Execute Procurement function and ensure value of money and compliance to Plan Operation Manual on Procurement. Maintain auditable records for all procured items, including supporting documentation
· Arrange daily vehicles usage and ensure timely pick up of staff and visitor. Control vehicle fuel consumption and prepare regular report on the vehicle consumption per each program
· Manage office supplies stock
· Prepare Quarterly report on Communication ( Telephone and internet bills ), Fuel consumption for Vehicle and Generator, Office supplies and Cleaning and kitchen supplies
· Maintain database of supplier for good and service.
· Manage the fixed asset, vehicle and office supplies. Ensure appropriate vehicle insurance are in place.
· In coordination with Finance team, manage Petty Cash to support day-to-day needs
· Support Administration Coordinator in CO on Annual budget plan
· Supervise drivers and office care taker. Manage staff development
· Other tasks as per instruction.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Position’s Objectives:
University degree in administration or related field
· Knowledge of office and fleet Management skill
· Correspondence management
· Computer Literate
· Financial Management
· Knowledge of computer skill ( Word, Excel, Internet and Email)
· Excellent administration and procurement skill
· Self-direct and able to complete tasks with limit supervision
· Detail oriented and working with high degree of accuracy
· Ability to manage multi tasks and meet with deadline
· Ability to interface effectively within in all level of the organization and supplier
· Fluently English both written and speaking
· Ability to drive a motorbike
· Three years or more related experiences
· Correspondence management
· Fleet Management
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS AND CONSULTANCIES…
- We strongly encourage applications from women and from people with disabilities
- Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
- Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff and consultants are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
- Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 19 February 2016
TO APPLY FOR POSTS …. Send resume/CV with cover letter and names and contact details of three referees, to email@example.com by hand Plan International in Timor-Leste Avenida Nu’u Laran No. 20 Bairo dos Grilos (near Xanana Sport Centre, opposite CNRT Office), Dili, Timor-Leste.
Any questions can be directed to the above email address or phone (+670) 331 2492.