ADRA Timor-Leste – Field Office Admin Assistant
Purpose of position
To ensure transparent bookkeeping records and supporting documents for the projects administration in ADRA TL Viqueque Field Office.
Only applicants with ADMINISTRATIVE experience will be considered for this position
4 month contract (Possibility of extension)
Starting March 1, 2016 and finishing June 30, 2016.
1. Maintain internal control systems, review documents for compliance and accuracy and completeness
2. Maintenance of filing for financial correspondence, inventory, HR and administration documents
3. Financial reconciliation with ADRA TL Country Office
4. Produce monthly cash and inventory flow statements, and staff time sheet report
5. Facilitate monthly administration data back-up
6. Prepare documents for banking and government registration on district level (Viqueque) etc
7. Perform other duties as requested
8. Act responsibly in the job assigned and practice good conduct according to the ADRA Timor Leste Policy Manual or staff handbook.
9. Undertake any other tasks that may be delegated by the ADRA Timor-Leste Finance Manager that are in keeping with the scope of the role
Major challenges include working as part of a team, including collaboration with the Country and Field Offices, and engaging in continuous professional development and actively seeking to continuously improve administration processes and outcomes.
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities
• Experience in administration area.
• Attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to work as a part of a team and organise work.
• Flexibility, adaptability and willingness to take on tasks and learn new to apply system and procedures.
• Computer Fluency (MS Word and Excel, accounting software).
• Christian faith commitment.
• Ability to comprehensively communicate in English – oral and written.
• Current motorcycle driver’s license an advantage (but not mandatory).
• Be willing to undertake travel as required by organisation.
Gender Policy: Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
Job Location: The position will be based in Viqueque, Viqueque District.
Child Protection Policy: ADRA Timor-Leste is a child-safe organization and screens applicants for suitability to work with children, the successful applicant will be required to obtain a police check. Police checks must be conducted for each country in which the individual has lived for 12 months or longer over the last five years, and for the individual’s country of citizenship. Individuals need to provide their consent to a criminal record check and should be informed of the purpose for which the resulting police clearance certificate should be used. ADRA Timor-Leste recognises that in limited instances it may prove impossible to obtain a reliable criminal record check. A statutory declaration outlining efforts made to obtain a police check, and disclosing any charges and spent convictions related to child exploitation, may be accepted in lieu.
Salary: $250 (inclusive of benefits and allowances)
Applications for the position are due on 19 February 2016 at 12:00 pm. Candidates fulfilling the criteria may send in their application along with a copy of their Curriculum Vitae and full contact address to the following email addresses:
or deliver to: ADRA Timor Leste,
Rua Manleuana, Dili,
Only short listed candidates will be notified and applications will not be returned. Only applicants with Administration experience will be considered for this position