Internally & Externally
CARE International in Timor-Leste – CITL
Department / Project : PSU
Position : Administration Assistant (AA)
Grade : F1
Country Office : CARE International in Timor Leste (CITL)
Salary : From $281 per month plus benefits
Location of Work : Dili Base
Position Report to : Senior Administration Officer (SAO)
Position Supervise : N/A
Job Description Prepared by : Security & Administration Manager (SAM)
Date Job Description Update : 2 February 2016
Date Job Description evaluated : 2 February 2016
Contract period : 1 year
CARE is an international humanitarian organization, with a vision of empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
People are CARE’s greatest assets. CARE international in Timor –Leste (CITL) ha s a diverse team of dedicated, talented professionals who work together to make a lasting impact.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The AA performs the reception function and assists the SAO and SAM in the day-to-day operations of CITL’s Dili office.
The AA will perform the reception function and manage incoming and outgoing communications under the supervision of the SAO.
- Staff the reception desk at all times unless arrangements have been made with the SAO.
- Greet guests in a professional manner and direct them to their destination.
- Answer phones in a timely and professional manner and direct communications to their destination.
- Distribute incoming and outgoing mail, in coordination with the SAO.
- Maintain stores of official forms such as letterheads.
- Prepare the monthly payments and procurement of communication usage such us: phone cards etc.
- Travel Management
The AA will assist the SAO to arrange travel for CITL staff and to arrange accommodation and transport for visitors to CITL.
- Assist the SAO to book travel and maintain the Travel Tracking Sheet.
- Assist the SAO to book accommodation for visitors.
- Assist the SAO and in coordination with Supply Chain staff to arrange transport for visitors.
- Asset and Office Management
The AA will assist the SAO and SAM to purchase and control office supplies and to ensure proper functioning of the Dili office.
- Assist the SAO to purchase and distribute office suppliers and maintain registers of office supply usage.
- Prepare the monthly time sheet for Administration staff in Dili.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Good written and verbal skills in Tetum and English.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to professionally interact with staff and visitors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer systems including Word, Excel and Access.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and manage the workload to competing critical deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment to CARE values (Respect, Excellence, Diversity and Integrity) and teamwork.
In return of your commitment you will benefit from ongoing professional development fostered within an innovative and forward thinking environment, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply to this position, please email or submit your application letter and Curriculum Vitae with two references (Please DO NOT attached the other documents) to firstname.lastname@example.org OR to HR Unit, CARE International Timor-Leste, Bairo Pitte, Dili, OR by email before or by date deadline on 11 February 2016. Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview.
|CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE International Timor-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment.