Internally & Externally
CARE International in Timor-Leste – CITL
Department / Project : Program Quality
Position : Business and Enterprise Officer
Supervisor : PQ Unit Manager
Grade : C
Country Office : CARE Timor International in Timor Leste (CITL)
Salary : From $702 per month plus benefits
Location of Work : Base in Dili, with some travel to field locations
Position Report To : Deputy Project Manager: Business and Enterprise
Position Supervisors : N/A
Job Description Prepared by : PQ Unit Manager
Date Job Description Updated : 25 January 2016
Date Job Description Evaluated : N/A
Contract period : June 30, 2016
CARE is an international development and humanitarian aid organization fighting global poverty, with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities. As a non-religious and non-political organization, CARE works with communities to help overcome poverty by supporting development efforts and providing emergency assistance. We believe supporting women and girls is one of the most effective ways to create sustainable outcomes in poor communities.
CARE’s long term program focuses on women and girls in rural disadvantaged areas with four priority areas: SRM Health and Rights, Women’s Economic Empowerment, Women’s Voice and Education.
- PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Business and Enterprise Officer will support the DPM Business and Enterprise on private sector engagement and social enterprise initiatives at CARE International in Timor-Leste (CITL). This will include providing support to the projects and program in terms of small business management and development, markets and working with the private sector. The role will also provide training to communities in entrepreneurship, basic business skills and management.
- MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Private Sector/Partner Engagement
- Support the DPM Business and Enterprise in building and maintaining strong partnerships in the private sector and related to business development
- Social Enterprise Development
- Support assessments and analysis related to markets, private sector engagement and social enterprise development
- Support the development of business plans for social enterprise development initiatives
- Provide technical advice to relevant projects on small business planning, management and entrepreneurship skills
- Marketing Objectives and Implementing Strategies
- Oversee the development and adaption of materials and technical tools as relevant to projects
- Support the development of Private Sector Engagement Strategy for CITL
- Capacity Development
- Provide capacity development support and training to CARE staff, partners and communities on basic business development and management skills
- To proactively participate in the APPA process including the annual appraisal, midyear review and regular 1:1 meetings, ensuring that the APPA process (including the paperwork) is an integral component of Annual Work Plans and activities
- Promote a safe and secure work environment; foster a culture of safety and security awareness and consistently follow all CARE safety and security policies, procedures and directives
- Demonstrate an understanding of gender equality and women’s empowerment and a commitment to CARE’s approach and values including ethnic diversity and cultural sensitivity
- Uphold and promote CARE’s commitment to Child Protection
- EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Degree in business, commerce or other related degree
- Some experience in the private sector or business development initiatives in the Timor Leste context, ideally combined with knowledge and experience of humanitarian, development and/or social sectors
- Experience in the design and development of market analysis and business planning and basic financial management
- Willingness to travel to the municipalities including rural areas for a period of time
- Training and facilitation skills
- Ability to comply with and uphold all relevant CARE International in Timor Leste policies and standard procedures
- Computer literacy within standard Microsoft Office programs, i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, and data bases
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken in Tetun, English skills desirable
In return of your commitment you will benefit from ongoing professional development fostered within an innovative and forward thinking environment, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply to this position, please email or submit your application letter and Curriculum Vitae with two references (Please DO NOT attached the other documents) to email@example.com OR to HR Unit, CARE International Timor-Leste, Bairo Pitte, Dili, OR by email before or by date deadline on 31 January 2016. Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview.
|CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. CARE International Timor-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment.|
|CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE International Timor-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment.