Plan International in Timor-Leste
Founded 75 years ago, Plan is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organisations in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations”. We have been working in Timor-Leste since 2001.
In support of its current growth, Plan International in Timor-Leste wishes to recruits;
Youth District Coordinator (one position)
Report to the Deputy Program Manager, District Coordinator leads the Youth Empowerment Program team in Aileu and Ainaro Districts. He/she ensures effective implementation of YE Program activities, manages team members, liaises with local leaders, ensures cooperation with other PLAN Programs and ensures timely and accurate work plans and reports.
The Youth Empowerment (YE) Program works to ensure that young women and men, including the most marginalised, participate in community decision making, realise their economic rights and promote peace, and social equality. The YE Program is funded by the Australian Government and Oaktree Foundation (through PLAN Australia) and by the EU (through Plan Germany.)
Dimensions of Role:
The YE District Coordinator is line manager for YE staff in Aileu and Maubisse
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
- Ensures Program implementation as per activity plan and budget
- Develops the activity plan with the Program Manager and Deputy Manager
- Analyze the gendered capacities, barriers and vulnerabilities of women, men, boys and girls
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic gender and inclusion concepts
- Identifies and responds to gender and disability discrimination and gender-based violence
- Manages staff performance planning and performance appraisals
- Assists the start-up and implementation of Youth VS&L
- Develop strong relationships with youth led organizations and Youth Led-CBO’s
- Organize youth to participate in training activities ; life skills, horticulture training, gender analysis, health education etc
- Liaise with Government at the district and sub district level to share information about opportunity provided to youth by Government and other agency and NGO’s
- Report weekly to the Youth Manager
- Build a strong, cohesive Youth team in Plan Aileu and Maubisse office
§ Represent Plan at various events
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviours, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Knowledge and experience
· University degree in social science or similar
· Experience in community development in a rural setting
· Team and project management experience
· Experience working with youth and in a training environment
· Experience working with partner organizations and assisting in the development of their capacity
· Experiences in participatory approaches
· Understanding of Timor-Leste’s current development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to community development in Timor-Leste
Skills specific to the post
§ Strong leadership skills
§ Strong community development skills
§ Strong communication skills – both oral and written
§ Ability to speak and write English is beneficial
§ Project management skills
§ Capacity building
§ Conflict resolution
§ Networking and collaboration
§ Facilitation skills
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS AND CONSULTANCIES…
- We strongly encourage applications from women and from people with disabilities
- Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
- Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff and consultants are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
- Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 22 January 2016
TO APPLY FOR POSTS …. Send resume/CV with cover letter and names and contact details of three referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org by hand Plan International in Timor-Leste Avenida Nu’u Laran No. 20 Bairo dos Grilos (near Xanana Sport Centre, opposite CNRT Office), Dili, Timor-Leste.
Any questions can be directed to the above email address or phone (+670) 331 2492.