Plan International in Timor-Leste
Founded 75 years ago, Plan is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organisations in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations”. We have been working in Timor-Leste since 2001.
Vacancy: Plan seeks to recruit a Country Accountant
Reporting to the Country Finance Manager (CFM) the Country Accountant will provide financial and accounting services to the operations of Country Office and support to the District Units to ensure timely and reliable financial information for management decision making. The Country Accountant will also support local NGO partners in financial management. We strongly encourage applications from women and from people with disabilities
Qualifications and experience;
· 3-5 years in accounting/finance, preferable in an international organization
· Fluent written and spoken English essential
· Experience in supporting local NGO partners in financial management
· Strong skills in accounting software are essential
· Knowledge of SAP software is an advantage
· University degree in finance or accounting an advantage
· The Country Accountant is based in Plan’s Dili Country Office, but must make some visits to rural Municipalities
· Candidates must be Timorese citizens or have legal permits to live and work in Timor-Leste
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS AND CONSULTANCIES…
- Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
- Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff and consultants are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
- Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 19 January 2016
TO APPLY FOR POSTS …. Send resume/CV with cover letter and names and contact details of three referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org by hand to Plan International in Timor-Leste Avenida Nu’u Laran No. 20 Bairo dos Grilos (near Xanana Sport Centre, opposite CNRT Office), Dili, Timor-Leste. Any questions can be directed to the above email address or phone (+670) 331 2492.