Internally & Externally
CARE International in Timor-Leste – CITL
Department / Project : Program Quality
Position : Business Development Advisor
Supervisor : PQ Unit Manager
Grade : A
Country Office : CARE Timor International in Timor Leste (CITL)
Salary : From $1,109 per month plus benefits
Location of Work : Base in Dili, with some travel to field locations
Position Report To : PQ unit Manager
Position Supervisors : N/A
Job Description Prepared by : ACD/P
Date Job Description Updated : 12 December 2015
Date Job Description Evaluated : N/A
Contract period : June 30, 2016
CARE is an international development and humanitarian aid organization fighting global poverty, with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities. As a non-religious and non-political organization, CARE works with communities to help overcome poverty by supporting development efforts and providing emergency assistance. We believe supporting women and girls is one of the most effective ways to create sustainable outcomes in poor communities.
CARE’s long term program will focus on women and girls in rural disadvantage areas with four priority areas: SRM Health and Rights, Women’s Economic Empowerment, Women’s Voice and Education.
- PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The business development advisor is responsible to lead the private sector engagement and social enterprise initiatives at CARE International in Timor-Leste (CITL). This will include providing specific technical advice to support the program in terms of business development, social enterprise practices, market analysis and working with the private sector. The role will also lead on the development of key private sector partnerships to support the implementation of CITL’s program.
- MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Private Sector/Partner Engagement
- Oversee the expansion of the private sector partnership portfolio for CITL to support its long term program priority areas
- Represent CITL on key external networks and forums and engage actively to raise CITL’s profile in this sector
- Liaise with relevant government ministries, UN agencies and other stakeholders and represent CITL as required
- Social Enterprise Development
- Lead assessments and analysis related to PSE and social enterprise development
- Lead development of business plans for social enterprise development initiatives
- Provide technical advice to relevant projects on basic business management and entrepreneurship skills
- Marketing Objectives and Implementing Strategies
- Provide technical leadership and support in relevant proposal development (with private sector partnerships) and sourcing of private sector funds to support CARE’s long term program
- Oversee the development and adaption of materials and technical tools as relevant to projects
- Develop Private Sector Engagement Strategy for CITL
- Capacity Development
- Provide capacity development support on private sector engagement and social enterprise to CARE staff as relevant
- To proactively participate in the APPA process including the annual appraisal, midyear review and regular 1:1 meetings, ensuring that the APPA process (including the paperwork) is an integral component of Annual Work Plans and activities
- Promote a safe and secure work environment; foster a culture of safety and security awareness and consistently follow all CARE safety and security policies, procedures and directives
- Demonstrate an understanding of gender equality and women’s empowerment and a commitment to CARE’s approach and values including ethnic diversity and cultural sensitivity
Uphold and promote CARE’s commitment to Child Protection
- EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Postgraduate degree in business, commerce or other related technical degree
- Minimum five years experience in private sector in the Timor Leste context, ideally combined with knowledge and experience of humanitarian, development and/or social sectors Experience in the design and development of market analysis and business planning and basic financial management
- Proven track record in managing a private sector partnership portfolio
- Willingness to travel to the municipalities including rural areas for a period of time
- Ability to provide technical guidance, coaching and mentoring to work colleagues using good inter personal skills
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills with an ability to work independently
- Ability to comply with and uphold all relevant CARE International in Timor Leste policies and standard procedures
- Computer literacy within standard Microsoft Office programs, i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, and data bases and excellent communication skills both written and spoken in English and Tetun
In return of your commitment you will benefit from ongoing professional development fostered within an innovative and forward thinking environment, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply to this position, please email or submit your application letter and Curriculum Vitae with two references (Please DO NOT attached the other documents) to email@example.com OR to HR Unit, CARE International Timor-Leste, Bairo Pitte, Dili, OR by email before or by date deadline on 17 January 2016. Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview.
|CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE International Timor-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment.