Internally & Externally
CARE International in Timor-Leste – CITL
Department / Project : LAFAEK
Position : Communication Advisor
Supervisor : Education Program Coordinator
Grade : A
Country Office : CARE Timor International in Timor Leste (CITL)
Salary : From $1,109 per month plus benefits
Location of Work : Base in Dili, with some travel to field locations
Position Report To : Education Program Coordinator
Position Supervisors : N/A
Job Description Prepared by : Saad Karim
Date Job Description Updated : October 30-2015
Date Job Description Evaluated : N/A
Contract period : 1 year
CARE is an international development and humanitarian aid organization fighting global poverty, with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities. As a non-religious and non-political organization, CARE works with communities to help overcome poverty by supporting development efforts and providing emergency assistance. We believe supporting women and girls is one of the most effective ways to create sustainable outcomes in poor communities.
CARE’s long term program will focus on women and girls in rural disadvantage areas with four priority areas: SRM Health and Rights, Women’s Economic Empowerment, Women’s Voice and Education.
- Specific roles and responsibilities of the Communication Advisor are:
- Facilitate the development and roll-out the Lafaek Learning Media’s Communication Plan, communication platforms, and information sharing guidelines (for both internal and external communication)
- Develop and monitor communications schedules, liaising with staff to ensure documents, stories and case studies are produced in a timely manner
- Produce communications materials and documents to articulate LLM project activities, lessons learned, and impacts
- Produce human interest stories, news stories, videos, press releases and external-facing brochures or promotional materials
- Develop media and social media platforms and networks, this can include but not limited to blog updates and a Lafaek facebook page
- Produce digitized content of the Lafaek materials for online publication
- Support program and project teams to include gender transformative approaches throughout activity implementation, monitoring, evaluation and learning;
- Actively participate in relevant information and advocacy networks and forums, in Timor-Leste and internationally as required;
- Support the organization’s goals and objectives as required
- Other responsibilities:
- To proactively participate in the APPA process including the annual appraisal, midyear review and regular 1:1 meetings, ensuring that the APPA process (including the paperwork) is an integral component of Annual Work Plans and activities
- Promote a safe and secure work environment; foster a culture of safety and security awareness and consistently follow all CARE safety and security policies, procedures and directives.
- Demonstrate an understanding of gender equality and women’s empowerment and a commitment to CARE’s approach and values including ethnic diversity and cultural sensitivity
- Uphold and promote CARE’s commitment to Child Protection.
- EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Knowledge & Experience Required.
- University degree with at least 3-5 years subsequent relevant experience; or 5 years experience and expertise in technical or administrative fields; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Experience in the creation of print and /or digital communication materials
- Quickly absorbs new information and learns new techniques that extend role capability..
- High level communication skills, both written and verbal (in Tetum and English) including an ability to speak in public and explain complex ideas
- Skills & Personal attributes
- Ability to work in a systematic and organised manner and within deadlines
- Excellent computer skills, including excel, word and email, including website design, management and use of social media
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Flexibility and proven team player
- Willingness to travel to the field and remote areas
- Demonstrated commitment to CARE values (Respect, Excellence, Diversity and Integrity) and teamwork.
In return of your commitment you will benefit from ongoing professional development fostered within an innovative and forward thinking environment, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply to this position, please email or submit your application letter and Curriculum Vitae with two references (Please DO NOT attached the other documents) to firstname.lastname@example.org OR to HR Unit, CARE International Timor-Leste, Bairo Pitte, Dili, OR by email before or by date deadline on 8th January 2016. Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview.
|CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE International Timor-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment.