World Vision International – Timor Leste
AILEU AREA PROGRAM
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
World Vision Timor Leste, a non-profit Christian Humanitarian Organisation, committed to working with the poor and vulnerable, is seeking qualified national staff to fill the following vacant in AILEU AREA PROGRAM OFFICE
M & E Coordinator (1 position)
WORK CONTEXT / BACKGROUND:
World Vision (WV) is an international partnership of Christians whose mission is to follow our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ in working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God. The heart of WV’s work is in helping communities build stronger and healthier relationships.
World Vision is anticipating nutrition project. The purpose of the project will be to build the capacity for community management of acute malnutrition on the village-level for community. This will be achieved by mobilising community members to ensure their participation in the Ministry of Health’s MCHN-TSFP (Maternal Child Health & Nutrition – Targeted Supplementary Feeding Programme) and sensitising them to nutrition, health care and water, sanitation and hygiene topics. If selected, World Vision Timor-Leste (WVTL) will carry out activities at the administrative post, Suco and Aldeia levels to mobilise all adult household members living in 61 Sucos including caregivers (mothers, fathers, mothers-in-laws, grandmothers etc.) of moderately acute malnourished children aged 6-59 months as well as moderately acute malnourished pregnant and lactating women. These activities could include facilitating monthly meetings that include health, nutrition, and sanitation & hygiene education sessions at mother support groups and other community groups at the Aldeia level; carrying out cooking demonstrations and establishing kitchen gardens to promote the use of locally available foods rich in essential nutrients through kitchen/home gardens; conducting regular home visits for nutrition counselling of mothers and other caregivers and supporting referrals of malnourished mothers and children to the nearest health facility when necessary, and facilitating meetings every three months at the Suco- level with community leaders and members to learn and reflect on health progress in each aldeia and raise further awareness on MCHN-TSFP and other health services.
Purpose of the Position
To ensure that the Nutrition Project in Area Program is monitored, evaluated, and reported according to World Vision standards.
- Develop and revise indicators for all projects in your Area Program in consultation with the Project Coordinator and Project Manager at National Office.
- Develop monitoring and evaluation plans, systems, procedures and tools for project staff to monitor and record project progress.
- Lead the utilization of monitoring and evaluation information, secondary data from government and other development agencies for reflection and re-design for the target community and project staff.
- Manage baseline survey processes and project evaluations in consultation with Project Coordinators and Facilitators.
- Ensure regular data collection for monitoring purpose is in place according to M&E plan and each project is supported with appropriate data collection forms.
Reporting & Communications
- Support the reporting process to ensure it is on time and meets World Vision standards.
- Take and store photographs of project activities and achievements. Liaise with the Communication Officer about making these resources available.
- Based on project reports, prepare project information and articles as required by the media and donors in consultation with the Communication Officer.
Staff Capacity Development & Collaboration
- Work collaboratively with Project Coordinator and Facilitators to share M&E knowledge and to continuously improve M&E processes and outcomes.
- Collaborate with DM&E and Communications staff in other WVTL offices.
- Undertake other tasks requested by the Area Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
(The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.)
|University degree in mathematics, statistics, agriculture, technical, or development areas.|
|Knowledge & Skills|
|Strong analytical and data interpretation skills.|
|Computer literacy, including statistical and database computer programs such as SPSS, EPI Info and MS Access.||Desirable|
|Possesses the values and attitudes that conform to World Vision core values.||Essential|
|Experience||Research and administrative experience.||Preferred|
|Demonstrated ability to work in and contribute to a team.||Preferred|
HOW TO APPLY
Go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-timor-leste to get complete job description. You can also apply it online by Click ‘APPLY FOR THIS JOB’ on the top of the job posting and you will be taken to an application form. Here you can sign up to register an account and complete field required then attach your CV and cover letter. Or you can send your application and CV directly to TL_Recruitment@wvi.org or you can submit the hard copy of your documents to People&Culture Department, Av, Dos Direitos Humanos Estrada de Bidau, Bidau Mota Klaran, Dili Timor Leste
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 4 December 2015