Internally & Externally
CARE International in Timor-Leste – CITL
Department / Project : PSU
Position : Supply Chain Assistant
Superviser : Senior Supply Chain Officer (SSCO)
Grade : F1
Salary : From $281 per month plus benefits
Country Office : CARE Timor International in Timor Leste (CITL)
Location of Work : Dili Base with travel to field offices
Position Report to : Senior Supply Chain Officer (SSCO)
Position Supervise : N/A
Job Description Prepared by : Supply Chain Manager (SCM)
Date Job Description Update : 6 November 2015
Date Job Description Evaluated : 6 November 2015
Contract period : 1 January 2016 to 30 June 2016
CARE is an international humanitarian organization, with a vision of empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
People are CARE’s greatest assets. CARE international in Timor –Leste (CITL) ha s a diverse team of dedicated, talented professionals who work together to make a lasting impact.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The SCA assist the SSCO and SCM in the day-to-day operations of CITL’s fleet, assets, warehouse and procurement, ensuring that policies and followed and paperwork is complete.
- Fleet Operations
The SCA will work under the supervision of the SSCO to carry out day-to-day fleet operations.
- Assist the SSCO to implement and enforce CITL’s Fleet Manual, including training and induction of staff, and ensure that use of vehicles complies with policies on fraud, safety & security, and code of conduct.
- Arrange for inspections, maintenance and repairs of vehicles.
- Prepare or collect fleet paperwork, including log sheets, work orders and daily checklists, and ensure that they are properly filed.
- Provide required information to the Finance Department to prepare payments for fuel invoices.
- Assist the SSCO to assign vehicles and manage drivers.
- Asset Management
The SCA will work under the supervision of the SSCO and SCM to ensure effective management of CITL assets.
- Assist the SSCO to maintain asset registers and issue portable assets to staff.
- Conduct regular stock takes of CITL’s assets throughout Timor-Leste.
- Warehouse Management
The SCA will assist the SSCO and SCM to manage the Dili warehouse and monitor field warehouses.
- Supervise the transfer of stock in and out of the warehouse in accordance with the Warehouse Manual.
- Maintain stock records including stock cards and waybills.
- Assist the SSCO to keep items in the warehouse in stored correctly and efficiently.
- Assist the SSCO to keep the warehouse clean, safe and secure; including ensuring that daily and weekly cleaning is carried out.
- Assist the SSCO to conduct monthly stock counts in Dili and field offices.
The SCA will assist the SSCO the SCM to conduct minor procurement activities.
- Obtain quotes for procurements where required.
- Obtain goods from shops or receive goods into the Dili office where required.
- Maintain and file procurement records.
- To proactively participate in the APPA process including the annual appraisal, midyear review and regular 1:1 meetings, ensuring that the APPA process (including the paperwork) is an integral component of Annual work plans and activities.
- Demonstrate an understanding of gender equality and women’s empowerment and a commitment to CARE’s approach and values including ethnic diversity and Cultural sensitivity
- Uphold and promote CARE’s commitment to Child Protection
- Actively involved in the GWG meeting.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to manage assets and stock and maintain paperwork.
- Good written and verbal skills in Tetum and English.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer systems including Word, Excel and Access.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and manage the workload to competing critical deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment to CARE values (Respect, Excellence, Diversity and Integrity) and teamwork.
In return of your commitment you will benefit from ongoing professional development fostered within an innovative and forward thinking environment, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply to this position, please email or submit your application letter and Curriculum Vitae with two references (Please DO NOT attached the other documents) to email@example.com OR to HR Unit, CARE International Timor-Leste, Bairo Pitte, Dili, OR by email before or by 25 November 2015. Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview.
|CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE International Timor-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment.