Internally & Externally
CARE International in Timor-Leste – CITL
Department / Project : PSU
Position : Deputy Finance Manager
Supervisor : Finance Manager (FM)
Grade : A++
Country Office : CARE Timor International in Timor Leste (CITL)
Salary : From $1,889 per month plus benefits
Duty Station : Dili Base with travel to field Offices
Report to : Finance Manager
Position Supervisor : Accountant, Project Finance Officers and Field Finance Officers
Job Description Prepared by : Finance Manager
Date Job Description Update : 9 October 2015
Date Job Description Evaluated : 9 October 2015
Contract period : 1 Year
CARE is an international humanitarian organization, with a vision of empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
People are CARE’s greatest assets. CARE international in Timor –Leste (CITL) ha s a diverse team of dedicated, talented professionals who work together to make a lasting impact.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The role of the DFM is to provide high level support to Finance Manager to managing and overseeing the country office finance function and providing technical oversight to the field office function. The DFM also ensures the project accounting is done properly and timely including management of project cycle and reporting requirements. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to taking lead on the Partnership Management, Asset Module development and implementation, the internal control strategy and implementation, directly supervise the Accountant, the Project Finance Officers and the Field Finance Officers and provide the sufficient back up when the absence of Finance Manager to ensure there is no significant interruption in finance operation.
- Country Office Accounting
Under the guidance of the FM, the DFM assists to:
- Ensure the integrity of the General Ledger with no error in coding and allocation
- Ensure adherence to finance policy in all accounting and financial transactions
- Ensure the safekeeping of accounting information and supporting documentation
- Reviewing the reconciliations of balance sheet, cash and bank accounts weekly and monthly including ensuring the sufficient balance in cash and bank
- Oversee the payroll and benefit calculation and payment for national staffs
- Complete the end of month and fiscal year process according to the timetable
- Ensure the timely production of accurate and meaningful financial reports for senior management, HQ, budget holders and donors.
- Provide support and information as required in Operating budget preparation including posting the budget into SUN System
- Maintain and improve the finance system and procedures (manual and computerized) as required
- Project Accounting
DFM will work collaboratively with the project managers, CD and ACD Program and under guidance of the FM in supporting the project from the project design until the project end in terms of the financial management issues as follows:
- Provide support and information during the preparation of project proposal until submission
- Set up the new project (Tcodes, CoA, contract documents and filling) after approval from the donor including ensuring the Tcodes are posted into SUN properly
- Ensure that the project finance officer provides timely, reliable and accurate support in process of preparing Costed work Plan (CWP) and monthly forecast, monitoring project expenditure, the adjustment journals, the budget review and amendments, project reporting, project acquittal and project audit.
- Take a lead on partnership financial management process – selection process, capacity assessment, Financial Reporting, risk management
- Review and supervise project finance officer in performing the project accounting according the COFM, other local policies and donor requirements
- Respond to the finance queries from senior management, HQ, budget holders, donors and auditors
- Visit the project sites and partners when necessary
- Field Office Operation
- Involve in setting up the new field office including conduct necessary finance training for field office staffs
- Ensure the sufficient resources (funds and skilled staffs) for finance operation in the field offices
- Work collaboratively with the base administrator, project staff and other departments to provide the sufficient support for field office operation
- Have regular visit to the field offices
- Recommend any improvement for finance operations in the field office
- Asset Module
- Collect the required data for implementing Asset Module in SUN
- Develop and implement the Asset Module in SUN under guidance of the FM and Finance HQ
- Maintain the update of asset module and recommend the improvement when necessary
- Working collaboratively with related unit (Logistic and IT department) to ensure the asset data in SUN are accurate and up to date
- Internal Controls
- Provide support and advice to the FM relating the internal controls strategy and plans required in the country office and the field offices
- Supervise the finance team to implement the internal control strategy and plans and report the updated progress to the FM
- Conduct the internal control checklist for the field office according COFM in regular time
- Taking part in fraud investigation if required
- Organize and facilitate fraud prevention training and other trainings related to internal control strategy and plans
- Finance team supervision, capacity building and leadership development
- Directly supervise Accountant, Project Finance Officers and Field Finance Operations, prepare the annual appraisal, develop the work plan and capacity development plan for them
- Organizing (and in some cases delivering) training of staff, managers and partners in all aspects of financial management and donor guidelines.
- Provide effective back-up when the absence of the FM and ensure the smooth finance operation during that time
- Assisting the audit conducted in-country
- Involve in SUN implementation including provide SUN training for new staff and work together with Finance CARE Australia and IT for issues on SUN.
- Promote a safe and secure work environment; foster a culture of safety and security awareness and ensure a consistent application of, and compliance with, CARE safety and security policies and procedures
- Demonstrate understanding of gender equality and women’s empowerment and a commitment to CARE’s approach and values including ethnic diversity and cultural sensitivity
- Uphold and promote CARE’s commitment to Child Protection
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or equivalent preferably with recognized accountant qualification (CPA/CA/CMA)
- Experience at least five years in supervisor accounting level, preferably in International NGO
- Experiences in handling projects report from various donors (EC, AUSAID, USAID etc) will be an advantage.
- Good written and verbal skills in the English language
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in finance software’s (SUN highly desirable) and MS Office (Windows, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial skills. Facilitator skill is an advantage
- Demonstrated the analytical skills and details oriented
- Proven ability to work under pressure and manage the workload to completing critical deadlines
- Demonstrated commitment to CARE values (Respect, Excellence, Diversity and Integrity) and teamwork.
In return of your commitment you will benefit from ongoing professional development fostered within an innovative and forward thinking environment, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply to this position, please email or submit your application letter and Curriculum Vitae with two references (Please DO NOT attached the other documents) to firstname.lastname@example.org OR to HR Unit, CARE International Timor-Leste, Bairo Pitte, Dili, OR by email before or by 13 November 2015. Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview.
|CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE International Timor-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment.