PNDS Support Program – Human Resources Associate Manager
Job Reference Number
Position no. SS06
Locally Engaged Staff
Australasia; Timor-Leste; Dili
Cardno Emerging Markets is seeking energetic and enthusiastic candidates to work as part of a team of highly skilled as part of the PNDS Support Program.
The Programa Nasional Dezenvolvimentu Suku (PNDS), or National Program for Village Development, is a major, nation-wide community development program of the Government of Timor-Leste (GoTL). Launched in June 2012 and valued at US$300 million over eight years, it will contribute to rural development by funding the ‘missing link’ to services – basic village infrastructure – and provide jobs and training.
The Government is providing each village with an annual grant of around US$50,000 to plan, construct and manage their own small scale infrastructure projects.
An Inter-Ministerial Committee and Technical Working Group, representing key ministries (Finance, State Administration, Health, Education, Agriculture, Public Works and the National Development Agency), have been established to oversee the implementation of PNDS. A PNDS Secretariat within the Ministry of State Administration supports these bodies and is responsible for the implementation of PNDS.
The Australian Government is assisting the Government of Timor-Leste to implement PNDS through the PNDS Support Program Phase 2 (PSP2) managed by Cardno Emerging Markets.
The PNDS Support Program has a vacancy for a Human Resources Associate Manager (HRAM), who will provide HR and administrative services for management, advisers and staff of the PNDS Support Program.
The objectives of this role are to:
- Assist the Corporate Services Manager in the day-to-day operations and administration of the support program.
- Ensure the program attracts, recruits, contracts and retains a productive and professional team.
- Lead and manage a professional and effective HR and administrative support team.
- Support the management team in all aspects of HR and administration.
The key responsibilities of the Human Resources Associate Manager are to:
- Lead and manage the day-to-day activities of the HR team and HR function, including supervising the HR Officers.
- Manage all HR activities for the support program including recruitment, selection, contracting, mobilisation and demobilisation, payroll, performance management and disciplinary functions; operations staff training and development; pastoral care; and administrative functions.
- Assist in developing HR and administration policies, systems, procedures, work plans and reports.
- Assist in socialising HR systems, policies and procedures to all staff, including leading the LES quarterly meeting.
- Ensure records (electronic and paper) are managed and maintained.
- Ensure monthly reports are completed.
- Assist the Corporate Services Manager with the preparation of program plans, policies, manuals and reports, ensuring outputs are in accordance with professional standards and other requirements prescribed by GoTL and DFAT.
- Coordinate the preparation of performance management reviews for all personnel.
A copy of the Terms of Reference, Selection Criteria, and remuneration package can be found here: http://www.cardno.com/en-au/Careers/Pages/2161816.aspx
All applications must include a cover letter, responses against each of the selection criteria, CV/resume, and the details (name, phone, email) of three referees.
Applications may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in hard copy to the Cardno office (Estrada de Balide, Dili).
This position is for a fixed term to 31 July 2016.
The PNDS Support Program offers a competitive salary and a range of other benefits including:
- Annual leave, sick leave, compassionate leave and professional development leave
- Communications allowance
- Medical benefit for the employee and family
- Personal accident insurance policy
- Payment of travel allowances for field trips
- Professional development.
Email email@example.com with the reference “SS06 Human Resources Associate Manager” in the subject line.
Closing date: 13 November 2015, 5.00pm Dili time.
Late applications will not be considered.
Cardno is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cardno encourages women to apply. Cardno recognizes the moral and legal responsibility to provide an equal opportunity workplace by ensuring that all recruitment and selection decisions are based on the best qualified and experienced candidate who can perform the genuine inherent requirements of the position.
Cardno is committed to Child Protection, Anti-bribery and Fraud prevention in the delivery of our International Development project and programs. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and may include a relevant police or criminal record check.