Plan International in Timor-Leste
Vacancy Announcement: Translator
The translator will be responsible and maintaining the sponsored child communication document translation like WGC, FCR, FCC, SGR, OCC and others from English to Tetum or vice versa at the Country Office level. Responsible for quality check of communications coming from the field and identify training need where quality is not met and quality check of translation performed by external translator.
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
What does the job holder plan?
§ Translating the all child sponsorship document from children to the sponsors and from sponsors to the children.
§ Keep good archive all child sponsorship document
§ Coordinate translation performed by external translators and quality check
§ Perform quality check for all communications coming from the field
§ Identify training needs based on weaknesses in communications received from the field
§ Help with refresher training delivery related to quality of communications
§ Perform scan, upload and transmission of translated communications to NOs
§ Support with WGC, SPC, ECO and OCC data entry in ChildData whenever required
§ Does other work required by immediate supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Gained through education, training, & experience
Skills Specific to the Post
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with people
· Self-starter and at the same time team worker
· Communication skills (Able to communicate clearly and in logical order both in speaking and writing)
Qualifications and Experience
· Degree or its equivalent on Development communications
· Good command of English
· Literate and skilled on computer systems and data processing using MS office applications
· Able to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
· Able to travel to remote areas from time to time
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS AND CONSULTANCIES…
- We strongly encourage applications from women and from people with disabilities
- Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
- Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff and consultants are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
- Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 9 October 2015
TO APPLY FOR POSTS …. Send resume/CV with cover letter and names and contact details of three referees, to Info.email@example.com or by hand to , Rua Bairo Dos Grilhos, no 20 near Xanana Sports Centre, opposite CNRT office), Dili, Timor-Leste