ChildFund Timor Leste
Position Vacancy Announcement for Local Position
ChildFund Timor Leste, Non-Governmental, child development International organization, has been working in Timor Leste for 20 years. ChildFund is looking for dynamic, motivated, committed and experienced persons to fill open position in the organization.
Salary: A competitive salary based on qualification and experience; friendly work environment, team work and opportunity to grow. Good opportunity to learn community development programming
Position: Program Education Technical Officer(1) Based in Dili
Report to: Program Effectiveness Advisor
Purpose of position
The purpose of the position is to assist the National Director and Program Director in coordinating the management and implementation of Program Education. To ensure that the program conform to, ChildFund internal policies and procedures, donor requirements and MoE specification.
Summary of the position
The Program Education Technical Officer shall be responsible to ensure the smooth running of all ChildFund education program, manage the staff and work with the staff in developing work plans, implement, monitor and evaluate the program. Ensure that the program staff follows ChildFund, donor and MoE guidelines and procedures. Assist in developing guidelines, protocols and procedures in education and child protection. The advise the National Director on the best course in implementing the education programs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the National Director and Program Effectiveness Advisor in planning, implementation, supervision, monitoring and evaluation of quality education program
- Provide technical support for all educational projects of ChildFund in Timor Leste and particularly the Local Partners project
- Coordinate and manage the implementation of Local Partners project
- Liaise with MOE in identifying the schools needed for the education program are require in ChildFund.
- Plan and organize supervision to all participating schools in each of Local Partners and ensure that standards are maintained.
- Build the capacity of the staff through training, on the job mentoring and exposure to enable them assess, plan, implement and evaluate projects
- Participate in training activities either as a trainer or resource person
- Represent ChildFund in education and child protection meetings, forums and events with other stake holders
- Coordinator any special child protection initiatives of ChildFund and provide training to the local partner.
- Provide technical support to local partner education programs
- Plan and organize supervision to partner education ensuring that standards are maintained in all the project areas.
- Participate in identifying new project and funding opportunities in education and child protection and develop proposals for them.
- Ensure that ChildFund has accurate data and information in regards to education and child protection needs in Timor Leste.
- Coordinate with respective Ministries, International and Local NGOs in responding to education and child protection issues
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, annual and special reports to the National Director through the Program Effectiveness Advisor.
- Participate in unit and staff meetings,
- Perform other tasks that may be assigned by the Program Effectiveness Advisor or the National Director
Qualifications & Experience
The candidate must hold a University Degree or Higher Diploma in education, social sciences, development sciences or humanities. A postgraduate degree (MA, MSc) in related field will be an advantage. Minimum 3 years progressive work experience in educational field is required. Previous NGOs experience in a similar position is highly desirable. Experience in report writing is required.
Key Competencies Required
- Proficiency in English language, both verbal & written is required.
- Ability to write reports in English to the donors and ChildFund is required
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; Ability to work and communicate with employees at all levels.
- Team player, values and respects others
- Self-guided, strong organizational and planning skills; Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Analytical skills,& can communicate results in an effective manner.
- Flexible and able to adapt to a multi-cultural environment & complex situations
- Wiling to travel to the project sites in the districts
Method of Application
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter describing their suitability following the above required qualifications and experiences in English. The candidate should include a recent CV and names of three traceable referees with their contact details. Pleasenote that this is local position. All applications should be addressed to HR Officer, ChildFund Timor-Leste, Rua Lacerda de Maia, Vila Verde, Dili or email to email@example.com. All application must be received by ChildFund not later than 5 October 2015 only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.