JOB OPPORTUNITY WITH OXFAM
Oxfam’s global vision is for a just world without poverty:
Worlds in which people can influence decisions that affect their lives, enjoy their rights, and assume their responsibilities as full citizens of a world in which all citizens are valued and treated equally.
Our vision for Timor-Leste is for Timor-Leste to be a country enjoying prosperity and equality,
Where all citizens; women and men, actively shape the development process
And enjoy the well-being that flows from this process, even in times of crisis.
Oxfam in Timor Leste is seeking a national Savings and Loan Officer.
Oxfam offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include health care and pension contribution, paid annual leave, study cost reimbursement and more. Oxfam is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
Scope of Position
Key Selection Criteria
Savings and Loan Officer
The Savings and Loan Officer is responsible for providing technical support and oversight to savings and loan activities undertaken through Oxfam’s programs. He/she will support partners to ensure that savings and loan activities are implemented with a high degree of transparency and accountability to members of the groups, and that the groups are formed, supported and structured in a sustainable way.
· Experience in implementing or supporting partner to implement savings and loan activities;
· Experience in book keeping, accounting or economics.
· Knowledge of program planning including gender awareness;
· Experience supporting and monitoring partners;
· Experience in working in teams and in the effective delivery of project activities;
· Coordination and administrative skills;
· Experience in data collection and data entry; and
· Relevant qualifications or skills in a professional discipline i.e. community development, economics, accounting etc. or equivalent substantial experience.
Applicants can request a detailed position description from Sra. Benigna Martins, Human Resources Manager, by e-mailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 670-331-2605 or obtaining the position description from the Oxfam office at Rua Jacinto Candido, Bidau Akadiru-Hun, Dili, Timor-Leste.
Applicants must submit a covering letter that responds to the Selection Criteria listed above in this advertisement and a current Resume. Applications can be written in Tetun or English.
Please note that only applications submitted with a covering letter addressing the Selection Criteria with a resume and received by 16th September 2015, 5pm will be accepted. They can be sent to the above e-mail address, mailed to P.O. Box 152, Dili, and Timor-Leste or delivered to the Dili office.
Only Short Listed Applicants will be contacted
Benigna Vicente Martins|HR Manager|Oxfam
Rua Jacinto Candido, Bidau Akadiru-hun, Dili Timor-Leste
Tlp: +670 3312605| Fax: +670 3321792|www.oxfam.org.au