Job title : Graphic designer / Data Visualization Designer
Location : Dili, Timor-Leste
In 2015, the Asia Foundation conducted a national Community Police Perception Survey that sought to elicit public views towards community policing, and inform a broader Foundation initiative that aims to support public policy development, good governance and security within the country. Using 30 indicators and a collection process that involved the use of Samsung Galaxy Tablets, the study collated responses from all 13 districts of Timor-Leste
The Asia Foundation is seeking one Graphic Designer / Data Visualization Designer for the 2015 Community Police Perceptions Survey.
The Graphic Designer / Data Visualization Designer will produce and design a variety of print and online formats for optimal user experience and consumption. The Graphic Designer / Data Visualization Designer will work with the Asia Foundation staff to interpret qualitative and quantitative data, and develop visualizations to communicate data and statistics through infographics. The total number of infograph designs required for this consultancy is five (5).
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent/native communication skills in English; and
- Proven experience with graphic design and professional design standards
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferable in Graphic Design
- Experience/understanding of NGOs, INGOs, or multilateral agencies
DURATION OF THE CONTRACT
The duration of the contract will depend on the program’s schedule to be determined between the program and the successful candidate, but should be completed no later than 14 September 2015.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND DEADLINES:
Interested applicants should send the following information to the Asia Foundation:
- An expression of interest;
- Name and CV of the graphic designer / data visualization designer;
- Proof of the ability to provide the services required, in the form of submission of examples/portfolio of work;
- Cost estimations for five (5) infograph designs
Using the subject line “TAF Graphic Designer”, please email applications to email@example.com before or by 5pm 7 September, 2015.