Internally & Externally
CARE International in Timor-Leste – CITL
Department / Project : Program Quality
Position : Gender Officer
Grade : C1
Salary : From $702 per month plus benefits
Duty Station : Dili, with frequent travel to field locations
Works with : Program Quality Unit, Gender focal points, CARE Australia Gender
Advisor and Senior Program Quality Advisor
Report to : Program Quality Unit Manager
Contract period : 6 months with possibility of multi-year extension
CARE is an international humanitarian organization, with a vision of empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
People are CARE’s greatest assets. CARE international in Timor –Leste (CITL) ha s a diverse team of dedicated, talented professionals who work together to make a lasting impact.
About the Role:
In 2013 CARE international in Timor Leste (CITL developed a Gender and Women’s Empowerment Startegy (2015-2018) which outlines CITL’s goal to become organization that actively and effectively promotes gender quality and womens’s empowerment with women, men, boys and girls in Timor Leste, with our partners and within our organization. In 2015 CITL finalized the long Term programme which aims to improve the voice and wellbeing of women and girls in rural disadvantaged areas with specific thematic prioarity areas including women’s voice, women’s economic empowerment, sexual reproductive and maternal health and education. Gender quality and women’s empowerment is therefore the core of CITL’s work.
The gender officer is responsible for supporting the CSRE International in Timor Leste Country Office to promote gender quality and women’s empowerment throughout our project and program work, within our organization and with our partners. CARE International in Timor Leste’s Gender and women’s Empowerment Startegy (2015-2018) provides the guiding framework for this work and directly informs the Gender Officer’s work-plan. The program Quality Manager will provide support and capacity building to this role as required in all areas of responsibility.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities of the Senior Gender Officer are;
- Coordinate the implementation of CARE International in Timor Leste’s Gender and Women’s Empowerment Startegy, including six-monhtly reporting to the Senior Management Team and quarterly updates to the Programme Management Team;
- Support program and project teams to include gender transformative approaches throughtout activity implementation, monitoring, evaluation and learning;
- Provide coaching and training support on gender equality, gender based violence and women’s empowerment and gender to CARE satff’s, partner staff and project nebeficiaries;
- Coordinate CARE’s Gender Working Group and Gender focal points;
- Actively participate in relevant information and advovcacy networks and forums, in Timor Leste and Internaionally as required;
- Maintain an awareness of CARE’s work on Gender internationally and in the region;
- Support the Program Quality Team and Program Quality Manager in relevant activities as required.
- Safety and security : Promote a safe and secure work environment; foster a culture of safety and security awaraness; and ensure consistent application of, and compliance with, CARE Timor Leste safety and security policies and procedures.
- Minimum University diploma with relevant education background
- Knowlegde about gender issue in Timor Leste and a commitment to gender equality and women’s empowerment
- Experience in applying gender tools to project and Program management (eg gender analysis, GBV, gender mainstreaming)
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Good training and facilitation skills
- High level communication skills, both written and verbal (in Tetum and English) including and ability to speak in public and explain complex ideas
Skills & Personal attributes
- Ability to work in a systematic and organized manner and within deadlines
- Excellent computer skills, including excel, word and email
- Flexibility and proven team player
- Willingness to travel to the field and remote areas on a frequent basis
- Demonstrated commitment to CARE values (Respect, excellence, Diversity and Integrity) and teamwork.
In return of your commitment you will benefit from ongoing professional development fostered within an innovative and forward thinking environment, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply to this position, please submit your application letter and Curriculum Vitae with two references (Please DO NOT attached the other documents) to email@example.com OR to HR Unit, CARE International Timor-Leste, Bairo Pitte, Dili, OR by email before or by 26 August 2015. Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview.
|CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE International Timor-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment.