Job: Executive Secretary, Country Coordinating Mechanism Timor-Leste
Are you enthusiastic and interested in supporting Timor-Leste’s fight against HIV, tuberculosis and malaria? If so, the Country Coordinating Mechanism of Timor-Leste (CCM-TL) is looking to fill an expected vacancy for the position of Executive Secretary and we would love to hear from you.
Position Title: Executive Secretary, CCM-TL
Location: Dili, Timor-Leste
Contract Period: 1 year contract with 3 month probationary period, possibility of a contract extension subject to satisfactory performance
Application closing date: Thursday 3 September 2015, 12pm (midday).
The Executive Secretary heads the CCM-TL Secretariat and works under the guidance of CCM-TL Chairperson and other CCM-TL members to ensure effective and efficient functioning of the CCM-TL.
The CCM-TL Secretariat supports the decision-making and other functions of the CCM-TL and its committees, including the Oversight Committee and the Proposal Development Committee. The Secretariat is not a CCM-TL member, but provides operational support to facilitate optimal performance by the CCM-TL.
The CCM-TL Secretariat’s functions are set out within the CCM-TL Governance Manual, which requires the CCM-TL operate with transparency and objectivity in accordance with Regulatory Framework (e.g. Conflict of Interest Policy etc.) The role is based in Dili but may require occasional travel within Timor-Leste and/or internationally.
In 2016, the CCM-TL Secretariat role will expand to encompass support for Timor-Leste as the Delegate to the Global Fund Board, representing the South East Asia Constituency.
The Executive Secretary reports to the CCM-TL Chairperson / Executive Committee and is responsible for supervising the Administration and Finance Assistant, who has been recently recruited into the position. The Executive Secretary is currently supported by an Australian Volunteer for International Development (AVID) Mentor.
Roles and responsibilities:
The function of the CCM-TL Executive Secretary is to facilitate the work performed by the CCM-TL and its Committees by supporting:
- CCM organization and management
- proposal development
- oversight of grant implementation
- documentation and communication
This involves, but is not limited to:
- Supporting the CCM-TL in the planning, organization and coordination of its general and committee meetings, including:
- Preparing and distributing meeting agendas and relevant supporting documents
- Drafting and issuing meeting notices and reminders
- Arranging meeting logistics, such as the venue and catering
- Managing and recording Members’ attendance and conflicts of interest
- Drafting meeting minutes
- Ensuring all actions arising from meetings are completed.
- Coordinating and providing logistical support to the CCM-TL for its off-site meetings and visits, including Oversight Site Visits; and to the Board/Alternate Member for the Global Fund Board for Global Fund related activities.
- Supervising the Administration and Finance Assistant and ensuring transparent and effective office arrangements including financial management of the CCM-TL budget.
- Providing operational support to the CCM-TL to facilitate and document all decision making processes.
- Maintaining up-to-date archives (including the minutes of all CCM-TL meetings).
- Accepting responsibility, in close coordination with the Executive Committee, for internal and external communications and information, including maintaining and updating CCM-TL membership and stakeholder distribution lists.
- Conducting orientation for new members of CCM-TL and supporting members to fulfil their roles and responsibilities.
- Contributing to the annual Eligibility and Performance Assessment and periodically monitoring and updating the status of the annual improvement plan.
- Serving as country focal point for South East Asia Region constituency of the Global Fund.
- Serving as a focal point and working collaboratively with all Technical Assistance providers.
- Serving as a focal point in all communications between the CCM-TL and the Country Team at The Global Fund Secretariat.
- Performing any other duties and responsibilities to support the CCM-TL as assigned by the Chairperson and/or Executive Committee.
Essential skills and competencies
The candidate must be a Timorese National and should have:
- significant experience in administration/management/governance of programs or committees in Timor-Leste or in a similar environment;
- excellent written and oral communications skills in English and Tetum;
- the ability to translate documents and/or interpret discussions in Tetum to English and vice versa;
- proven interpersonal and liaison skills with a range of agencies and organizations;
- experience in undertaking consultations and in meeting coordination and facilitation;
- experience in preparing and/or managing budgets and finances;
- experience in good records management; and
- competent computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office programs.
Essential personal attributes
The ideal candidate must be able to:
- learn quickly, show initiative and work independently with minimal guidance and supervision;
- demonstrate understanding, awareness and sensitivity in working with people of different cultures and languages, and with vulnerable groups and/or stigmatized groups and populations;
- maintain a sense of humour and demonstrate tolerance and flexibility in challenging environments;
- work in an environment of high-workload and intense time constraints; and
- plan and complete routine tasks efficiently and effectively.
The following skills/experience/knowledge would be advantage:
- Relevant qualifications from a recognized institution
- Knowledge and understanding of Global Fund and Government processes
- Experience in the health sector, especially with HIV, tuberculosis and/or malaria
- Bahasa Indonesian and/or Portuguese language skills
Interested Timorese Nationals should submit the following:
- a letter of application in English that responds to the responsibilities and selection criteria outlined in the complete Terms of Reference; and
- a current curriculum vitae, which includes the name and contact details (phone number and e-mail addresses) of two professional referees.
Please note that applications not addressing the selection criteria may not be considered.
Applications should be submitted to the CCM-TL Executive Secretary Mentor by e-mail or in hardcopy to the CCM-TL Secretariat Office as per the details below:
Name: Ms. Linda Chen
Position: Executive Secretary Mentor, CCM-TL
Phone: +670 7862 2792
Office: CCM-TL Secretariat, FONGTIL Office, Rua Caicoli, Dili, Timor-Leste
For further information, please send a request to the above email or visit the Secretariat Office.
The closing date and time for applications is 3 September 2015 at 12pm.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.