SPORT FOR LIFE’ PROJECT MANAGER (National Position)
The position of Project Manager is addressed to Timorese (fluent in Tetum) but also open to people of other nationalities that meet the requirements, have a long-term commitment to Timor-Leste, and value the conditions.
Location: Dili, Timor-Leste
SportImpact is looking for a passionate, committed and reliable person to manage our “Sport for Life” project. The Project Manager is responsible for managing resources for successful project implementation towards maximum positive impact.
The Project Manager will be based in Dili, reporting directly to SportImpact directors. The Project Manager will, among other responsibilities:
- Implement project management standards and procedures towards effective project execution
- Ensure, in coordination with SportImpact’s Administration Manager, timely payments of salaries, fees and expenses to employees, consultants and suppliers working in the project
- Coordinate with SportImpact’s Administration Manager to ensure adequate filing systems for correspondence, invoices and receipts, and preparation of regular financial reports
- Ensure appropriate materials, equipment and facilities are available for project activities, coordinating with other people as necessary
- Ensure appropriate records of attendance in project activities
- Prepare project reports as necessary for different audiences: internal, donors, partners, etc.
- Provide project updates and photos for SportImpact’s website, reports and press releases
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
The Project Manager should have the following characteristics and abilities:
- Passionate about sports, in particular as a tool for human development
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- A strong team player, persistent and resourceful, committed to generating top- quality work and strong positive impact, always creating opportunities and solutions
- Self–driven, able to work autonomously and committed to making things happen, engaging others as appropriate
- Fluent in Tetum and English or Portuguese
- Able to manage multiple workstreams, tasks and teams effectively, ensuring project timely execution with high quality and results
Good candidates will also feel strongly identified with SportImpact’s values:
Empowerment: We listen to communities and help them pursue the future they choose – for as long as necessary, not more.
Sustainability: We develop innovative solutions and business models to make projects sustainable, replicable and scalable.
Impact: We assess impact and control for unintended consequences, continuously making adjustments to maximize positive long-term results.
Collaboration: We bring multiple stakeholders together and openly collaborate, sharing knowledge, experience and resources to create value.
Integrity: We have zero tolerance for corruption, abuse, discrimination or any other unethical behaviors.
Fun: We care for everyone we work with and always have fun!
WHAT WE OFFER
SportImpact focuses on delivering outstanding impact while providing everyone in the team with a pleasant, balanced and rewarding work life. This includes
- Continuous learning opportunities, through on-the-job feedback and formal reviews, as well as internal knowledge sharing and potential external training
- Entrepreneurial environment, where everyone has the opportunity to take initiative and drive projects
- Compensation and annual leave according to local market standards
- Flexibility to discuss work arrangements according to staff’s interests
Please send your CV and cover letter sharing your motivation to work with
SportImpact to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SportImpact is a social enterprise promoting human development through sport. We empower communities in developing countries to develop sport programs that
stimulate happier, healthier, more productive, self-determined and fulfilling lives. Our vision is to use the power of sport to create a peaceful and developed world, with equal opportunities for everyone. Learn more on www.sportimpact.org.