ChildFund Timor Leste
ChildFund Timor Leste, Non-Governmental, child development International organization, has been working in Timor Leste for over 20 years. ChildFund is looking for dynamic, motivated, committed and experienced persons to fill open position in the organization.
Salary: A competitive salary based on qualification and experience; friendly work environment, team work and opportunity to grow. Good opportunity to learn community development programming
Position: Program Communication Officer (1) Based Dili
Report to: National Director with links to Program Director, and Regional and International Communications point Persons
Summary of the position:
Promotes and protects the organization’s image through a communications strategy that positions and showcases a coherent message on the mission, the national office programs and advocacy initiatives, and enhances visibility and brand recognition among key targeted audiences.
· In consultation with the National Director, implements an effective national communications strategy consistent with the organization’s core intent, core outcomes, area of excellence, and strategic directions
· Identifies relevant program content and develops appropriate supporting materials (interviews, photos, videos) that highlight the needs and successes for children
· Partners with the National Director and SMT to develop and implement an engagement strategy within the sector, i.e., organizes special meetings between relevant government offices, donor representatives, and visiting officials from public/private institutions
· Serves as the point for all brand-related activities, acts as brand champion in national office to project a unified image and message that establishes ChildFund as a leading child-focused international development organization, and leads the process of branding of the national office
· Responsible for development of national office media relations strategy to identify and seize media opportunities to promote programs
· Coordinates communications for media, and organizes national office’s role in the event of an emergency
· Builds capacity of Program staff on development of communication materials such as photos, stories, interviews etc. to support program visibility.
· In partnership with the Program Director, develops National Office quarterly and annual programs and grants reports and brochures/information sheet
· Takes and disseminates minutes of staff meetings and special events
· Represents ChildFund in government and other agencies’ organized meetings
· Coordinates with the Regional and International Communications point persons on the execution of the different objectives established annually in the national office’s Annual Operational Plan
· Participates in monthly virtual meetings with communication officers of other national offices in the region, and Regional and International point persons for Communications
· Attends staff meetings, in-service training, and continuing education programs as required
· Performs any other duties as assigned by the Program Director or the National Director
Qualifications & Experience
§ At least three years’ demonstrated experience in media relations, advocacy, and communications
§ At least two years’ work experience with an international development organization highly preferable
§ Excellent communications skills, written and oral; fluency in Tetun and English required
§ Demonstrated skills in quality photography and production of short videos
§ Knowledge and experience of how media coverage is generated
§ Excellent computer skills, including Word processing, desktop and web-based publishing, and photo and video editing
§ Effective interpersonal skills, including ability to work as part of a national and international team
§ Demonstrated facilitation skills
§ Demonstrated abilities in writing content, editing of publications, generating stories from the field, compilation of photos, video editing, etc.
§ Developed competencies in creativity, marketing, and innovation to capture content and develop material from the field to be used as promotional resources for the organization
§ At least a Bachelor’s degree in Development Communications, Communications, Marketing, or equivalent relevant work experience.
Method of Application
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter describing their suitability following the above required qualifications and experiences in English. The candidate should include a recent CV and names of three traceable referees with their contact details. All applications should be addressed to HR Officer, ChildFund Timor-Leste, Rua Lacerda de Maia, Vila Verde, Dili or email to email@example.com. All application must be received by ChildFund not later than 10th July 2015
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.