|Country||Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste|
|Name of Project||Building Safety and Resilience in the Pacific Project (BSRP)|
|Position||National Project Manager|
|Issue date||22th June 2015|
|Closing Date||3th July 2015|
|Expected Gross Annual Salary & Remuneration||US$ 15,000 – 18,000|
|Duration||2 years with extension possibility for 1 year|
The overall objective of the project is to reduce the vulnerability as well as the social, economic and environmental costs of disasters caused by natural hazards, thereby achieving regional and national sustainable development and poverty reduction goals in ACP pacific Island Stated (PICS). Timor-Leste is part of the Building Safety and resilience in the Pacific project. The project will be implemented by the National Disaster Management Directorate (NDMD) within the Ministry of Social Solidarity (MSS) in collaboration with the Secretariat of the Pacific Community (SPC).
Under the guidance of the Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and implementation of the project. He/she will be the focal point for the stakeholders of the project, i.e. relevant line ministries and institutions, the Secretariat of the Pacific Community (SCP), donors, media and the public.
II. Consultant Qualifications
- Successful candidates must have a Bachelors/S1 Degree in relevant or in a related field. Candidates with a relevant Master’s degree will be given preference.
- At least 3 years of experience in project management, preferably in the Disaster Risk Management (DRM) sector.
- Prior experience working in Timor-Leste, familiarity with country context and sound understanding of leadership and communications issues. Prior experience working in government institutions an advantage.
- Fluency in English language and Tetum, both written and spoken, is required. Knowledge of Portuguese and/or Bahasa Indonesia would be strongly desirable.
- Knowledge of MS Office software packages required (Word, Excel, Power Point and other applications).
- Ability to work under pressure in a difficult multi-cultural environment, on a wide range of tasks and deliver quality outputs on time.
- Strong interpersonal communicative skills; experience in team leadership and participatory management.
III. Duration of the Consultancy
The total duration of the consultancy will be for 24 months (2 years) with possibility of extension for another 12 months depending on availability of funding. Probation period will be six months.
The interested candidates should submit their application letter, completed with Curriculum Vitae (CV) and relevant supporting documents to the General Director for the Ministry of Social Solidarity, by email to: email@example.com and Cc to: firstname.lastname@example.org or delivery by hand at the National Directorate of Administration and Human Resources of MSS, Department of Human Resources during the working hours.
More details on the services are provided in the Terms of Reference which may be provided upon request. Or please visit the website: www.mss.gov.tl and vagaservisutimorleste.wordpress.com
Dili, 18th June 2015
National Director of Administration and Human Resource
Jemmy Valente de Orleans dos Reis
Eugénio João Amado de Maria Soares