BA DISTRITO PROJECT
TITLE: Grants Manager(national position) (re-advertisement)
LOCATION: Dili, with travel to the districts
REPORTS TO: Chief of Party or her designate
DATE DUE: July 5, 2015, but will close earlier if a suitable candidate is identified
START DATE: August 1, 2015 12 month contract, renewable dependent on funding
Counterpart International is implementing the four-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded Ba Distrito project until September 2017. The goal of the project is to improve local government’s ability to address community needs and increase its capacity to deliver services more effectively, efficiently and sustainably. The Ba Distrito project is partnering with the Government of Timor-Leste in support of its efforts to improve services at the local level by strengthening the ability of institutions such as suco councils and justice sector agencies to engage with and represent the interests of citizens at the grassroots level. The goals of the Ba Distrito program are to 1) build the capacity of suco councils to strengthen citizen participation and representation in local governance; 2) improve communication and linkages between suco councils, administrative posts and municipal administrations; local GOTL line ministries and other providers of basic public services at the sub-national level; 3) improve the delivery of justice sector services by strengthening legal aid services and improving district court functionality and 4) strengthen voter and civic education during the electoral cycle.
The Grants Manager will report to the Chief of Party or her designate and will be responsible for all contract and grant oversight of the program. The successful candidate will be tasked with coordinating all financial reporting requirements for grants in collaboration with the Finance and Operations Manager; mentoring sub-grantees; and overseeing the implementation of all grants and contracts from negotiation to final reporting. The Grants Manager should have expertise in contracting and grants management. S/he will be expected to provide support with regards to any grant or contract functions needed for the program’s success and to provide input on program functions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develop grant and sub-contract documents, and prepare subsequent agreements and contracts.
· Ensure proper negotiation of terms and conditions for grants and sub-grants, and amendment as necessary, with focus on analyzing budget estimates to ensure all costs conform to USAID and Counterpart regulations and policies.
· Organize orientation so that grantees and sub-contractors receive and understand relevant Counterpart International procedures and reporting requirements.
· Ensure that grant and sub-contract disbursements conform to approved budgets.
· Ensure/review financial reports and supporting documents that are produced for audit.
· Coordinate and ensure that monthly/quarterly financial reports are received from all partners on agreed format and timely basis.
· Monitor cash-flow requirements for grant and sub-contracts.
· Ensure compliance with donor regulations as well as Counterpart’s grant-making policies.
· Other duties as assigned.
· A Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (accounting, economics, or another related field);
· 3-5 years working with grants and contracts and US Government programs preferred; alternatively the equivalent experience managing programs or projects considered;
· Experience working with USAID funded programs and demonstrated knowledge of USG rules and regulations preferred;
· Experience working with governance, capacity building and rule of law programs desirable;
· Excellent communication, problem-solving, teamwork and leadership skills;
· Solid computer skills in MS Word, Excel and other software;
· Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member and leader;
· English fluency required.
Individuals interested in working with Counterpart International on this project should email CV, cover letter and salary expectation to
Timor-Leste.email@example.com. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of the email.
“Counterpart International is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans and the physically challenged are encouraged to apply.”