Job Title : OFFICE MANAGER
Department : TOP MANAGEMENT
Job Code : 304/AVA/EXT/A1/EEI-TL/V/2015
Closing date : June 05th, 2015
Location : Dili, Timor Leste
Appointment : Local and Foreign National Hire
Eiros Entrepreneur Institute
Terms of Reference
The Experience vocational education held for more than 12 years from the date of establishment, 10 November 2003 to the present. Eiros Entrepreneur Institute (EEI) has a better understanding about the implementation of vocational education effectively and efficiently.
Thousand of students have benefits from our educational system, not even a little of our alumni who now occupy important positions in field of computers, administration, finance and other such as the staff of the government, EDP Manager in a hotel or private companies nationwide.
EEI provide not just a theory or a new concept, but more emphasis on practical experience, tips and discussion of real cases daily with the method of experiential learning, role play, quizzes, personal assessment, video clips, and others.
EEI designing program stormed the training needs of human resources in the areas of soft skills, particularly for employees to staff levels and general manager for Timorese People.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Major responsibilities and target accomplishments expected of the position including the typical problems
encountered in carrying out the responsibilities.)
- Maintain office services
- Design and implement office policies
- Establish standards and procedures
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Supervise office staff
- Monitor and record long distance phone calls
- Prepare time sheets
- Control correspondences
- Review and approve supply requisitions
- Liaise with other agencies, organizations and groups
- Update organizational memberships
- Maintain office equipment
- Supervise office staff
- Assign and monitor clerical and secretarial functions
- Recruit and select office staff
- Orient and train employees
- Provide on the job and other training opportunities
- Supervise staff
- Evaluate staff performance
- Coaching and disciplining staff
- Maintain office records
- Design filing systems
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and up to date
- Define procedures for record retention
- Ensure protection and security of files and records
- Ensure effective transfer o files and records
- Transfer and dispose records according to retention schedules and policies
- Ensure personnel files are up to date and secure
- Maintain office efficiency
- Plan and implement office systems, layout and equipment procurement
- Maintain and replenish inventory
- Check stock to determine inventory levels
- Anticipate needed supplies
- Verify receipt of supply
- Perform other related duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
(The knowledge, skills and attitudes required for satisfactory job performance)
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Knowledge of office administration
- Knowledge of human resource management and supervision
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team building skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Very effective organizational skills
- Effective written communications skills
- Computer skills including the spreadsheet and word-processing programs, and e-mail at a highly proficient level
- stress management skills
- time management skills
The incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of the Finance and
Administration Officer. The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
The incumbent would normally attain the required knowledge and skills through completion of
office procedures coursework combined with related financial and administrative experience.
Equivalencies will be considered.
(The unavoidable, externally imposed conditions under which the work must be performed and which create
hardship for the incumbent including the frequency and duration of occurrence of physical demands, environmental
conditions, demands on one’s senses and metal demands.)
(The nature of physical effort leading to physical fatigue)
The Office Manager will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers,
which can cause muscle strain. The Office Manager will also have to do some lifting of supplies
and materials from time to time.
(The nature of adverse environmental conditions affecting the incumbent)
The incumbent is located in a busy, open area office. The incumbent is faced with constant
interruptions and must meet with others on a regular basis.
(The nature of demands on the incumbent’s senses)
The incumbent must spend long hours in intense concentration. The incumbent must also spend
long hours on the computer entering financial information which requires attention to detail and
high levels of accuracy.
(Conditions that may lead to mental or emotional fatigue)
There are a number of deadlines associated with this position, which may cause significant stress.
The incumbent must also deal with a wide variety of people on various issues.
HOW TO APPLY
- This is a local hired position.
- Please only submit your cover letter, CV, and reference (at least three names with full contact details) to email@example.com.
- Do not forget to state your name and position applied in the e-mail subject.
- Deadline of application is June 05 th, 2015. Late submission will not be considered; hard copy applications and phone inquiries will not be accepted.