Internally & Externally
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Primarily for using and maintain Quickbooks and Cost Point Accounting System; Preparation of Weekly Cash Sheet; Maintaining of all Payment vouchers and relevant supporting document; Cash receipts, deposit and maintaining the Cash Receipt and Deposit Log; Handling and of Travel and Activity Advances not paid out from Petty Cash; Maintaining Employee Travel and Activity Advances and follow ups of outstanding advances; Preparation of Journal Vouchers for monthly account reconciliations; Review of Asset Inventory list and periodic physical asset count; Preparation of Fixed Asset Acquisition and Disposal Forms; Preparation of Quarterly Personal Use of Vehicle Report; Back up for Petty Cash Management; Back up for Payroll Preparation and Bank Reconciliation
Interaction with all The Asia Foundation Staff
Interaction with partners of the Foundation, Foundation vendors and supplier and internal and external auditors.
Four years of on-the job experience in financial and fund accounting
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
Good verbal and written communication skills in the both English and Tetum
Good interpersonal skills
Punctual and with strong time management skills and professional organizational abilities
Ability to work independently with minimal guidance from Finance Manager and Senior Finance Officer
Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
Strong ability to safeguard the Foundations Assets
Knowledge of excel, Microsoft word, database and email applications.
Knowledge of the Timor-Leste NGO community and government agencies preferred
Knowledge of DFAT, USAID or other international donor agency requirements and regulations preferred
- Use and maintenance of Quickbooks (QB) and Cost Point accounting systems to record all cash receipts and disbursement transactions of the office.
- Prepares weekly Cash Sheet for submission to SFO (headquarters)
- Maintains files of all payment vouchers and ensures that such vouchers are properly supported by relevant documents
- In charge of Cash Receipts and Refunds, deposit to the bank; and maintaining of Cash Receipts and deposit log
- Handles all Program and Travel Advances not paid out of Petty Cash
- Attends to advances or reimbursement requests by TAF local and international consultants
- Maintains Employee Travel and Activity Advance tracking and follow up staff for outstanding advances.
- Prepares Journal Vouchers for monthly account reconciliation for submission to SFO.
- Reviews Asset Inventory list maintained by Operating Manager and IT Assistant; does periodic physical count of assets
- Prepares Fixed Asset Acquisition and Fixed Asset Disposal report for submission to SFO
- Prepares Quarterly Personal Use of Vehicle Report for submission to SFO
- Back up for Petty Cash Management in the absence of Finance Assistance
- Back up for Payroll preparation and Bank Reconciliation in the absence of Senior Finance Officer
- Responsible for filing and retrieving all Finance files
- Other duties as assigned by the Representative, Deputy Country Representative and Finance Manager
The Asia Foundation strongly encourages women to apply. The position is open for Timorese national.
All applications must include a cover letter, an updated CV and must address the selection criteria. Please include three contactable referees. They must be addressed to Odete Laranjinha Pinto – HR Officer, and delivered by hand to the Asia Foundation’s office at Rua Praia dos Coqueiros, Bairo Metin Rua, Dili, Timor-Leste OR via email email@example.com before or by Friday, 05 June 2015 at 05.00 PM,
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview