- Job Title : National Admin, Finance & Procurement Officer
- Job Reference : RDTL-MPIE-MPS-2015-001
- Terms of Reference : Attached
- Application procedure
Applications need to be addressed to the MPS Office at Hudi Laran, Fatuhada, Timor-Leste, or to email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 17:00 hours Timor-Leste time on Monday, the 18th day of May, 2015.
Applications should include (a) a covering letter (b) a detailed resume of no more than 7 pages.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Term of Reference
Position : National Administration, Finance and Procurement Officer
Reference : RDTL-MPIE-MPS-2015-001
Reporting to : Coordinator of MPS
Classification : Technical Contract
Duration : One Year with a 3 Months Probation Period (with possibility of extension based on performance assessment and the need)
Division : Admin & Finance Unit, Major Project Secretariat, Ministry of Planning and Strategic Investment
The Government of Timor-Leste has established an Infrastructure Fund since 2011 to finance major projects identified by the Line Ministries responsible for their planning, implementation and management. The Major Project Secretariat (MPS), under the guidance of the Ministry of Finance (MOF) and Council of Administration of the Infrastructure Fund (CAFI), to which the Major Projects Secretariat provides technical and management support services. To provide these services, the Major Projects Secretariat consists of the following main units: IF Management Unit, Payment Unit, Planning/Project Appraisal Unit, Loans Unit, Public Private Partnership Unit (PPP) and Database / Reporting Unit.
Further to restructure of V Government Constitutional in February 2015, the MPS has shifted to the Ministry of Planning and Strategic Investment while Public Private Partnership (PPP) and Loan Unit remain with the Ministry of Finance. Hence, the main duties of MPS still in the area IF Management Unit, Appraisal & Budgeting Unit, and Database & IT Unit.
The National Administration, Finance and Procurement will assist MPS to manage related administration, finance and procurement activities. He/she will work under the guidance and supervision of the MPS to carry suitable administration process and ensure effective execution of the financial services and procurement processes.
III. SCOPE OF WORK
The National Administration, Finance & Procurement Officer shall undertake the following tasks:
- Administer MPS Office Project administration in compliance of financial and administrative processes, preparing financial and/or administrative of records including appropriate admin and finance workflows, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Drafting and/or typing correspondence on administration and program matter and review official correspondences, documents and reports to MPS Coordinator including recording and managing all incoming and outgoing correspondence;
- Provide administrative and logistical support (visas, transportation ticket reservations, hotel bookings, etc) for program staff, international and local consultants and invited guests participating in the program activities;
- Assist preparation of work plans, reports, TORs and contracts with consultants and suppliers providing services for the Program.
- Undertake all preparation work for procurement including recruitment of staff, research of potential suppliers, prepare request for quotations for office equipment, stationary and support facilities services as per RDTL procurement guideline and decrease law;
- Monitor program assets and carry out inventory of cash payments and prepare contingent and periodical reports.
- Prepare the MPS annual budget plan with close collaboration MPS coordinator before submission to the National Director of Budget of MoF;
- Reviewing and monitoring expenditures against the budget. Bring to the attention of the supervisor any problem or discrepancy that warrants further review and maintain the budget database;
- Maintaining and establishing up-to-date service records and maintenance contracts with service providers for office equipment and furniture;
- Prepare requests for contracts and liaise with MPIE Officer on the issue of contracts, ensure delivery of goods and services; maintain roster of suppliers, and office inventory, and follow-up on the status of payment of goods and services procured as per contracts;
- Organizing of meetings as required with steering committees, donors, arrange local/international workshops and conferences, provide conference materials and arrange for adequate facilities;
- Responsible for process review of invoices by verifying validity and accuracy including examine complements documents provided before submit payment to treasury.
- Responsible for daily processing of financial transactions, maintain database of scheduled payments and follow up with all units to ensure timely disbursements;
- Prepare and rise CPVs, POs and PRs for MPS, ensure and verify completeness of supporting documents;
- Filing and maintaining records on hard and software documents on all operational and financial transactions for easy reference and retrieval.
- Prepare MPS financial execution and IF report to CAFI meeting and follow up action if required;
- Provide MPS and IF disbursement status in the preparation quarterly and annual IF status reports, other reports for CAFI and National Parliament;
- Perform other related duties as required by the Coordinator of MPS.
IV. KEY DELIVERABLES
- Review all in and out correspondence letter and report from relevant Ministries, State Secretariat or other agencies are replied and filled;
- All logistic and administration support are provided including monitor related documents and inventory of assets reports;
- Meeting, workshop and official events are organised and conducted;
- Reviews all procurements documents before carry out tender and ensure that RDTL procurement guideline and decree law are followed;
- Files maintained on contract agreements of the staff and suppliers with supporting documents including review contract validity;
- All CPV’s, PO’s and Payment requests reviewed, certificates prepared and submitted on time for approval and payment by Treasury;
- MPS annual budget and it procurement planned are prepared;
- Contributions to MPS and IF disbursement and status reports etc prepared and submitted.
V. SELECTION CRITERIA
- First degree in Administration and Finance or related subject with extensive experience in accounting, business or public administration;
- Relevant professional experience of minimum 3 years in performing the above or similar tasks;
- Excellent English language skills both speaking and writing;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Have previous experiences and knowledge on the procurement activities include knowledge of RDTL Procurement Guideline and Decree Law as well as International Procurement Standard;
- Readiness to work with other international/national staff within a multi-cultural environment.
- Masters’ degree in admin and finance and or procurement area is preferable;
- Ability to speak and write Portuguese language will be expected;
- Have previous experiences knowledge of national and international contracts preparation and procedure, standard knowledge of FIDIC Contract will be an asset;
VI. PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
The performance of the National Administration, Finance & Procurement Officer will be assessed by the Director of Major Project Secretariat, using the Performance Appraisal System put in place and carried out by the Ministry of Planning and Strategic Investment.
There will be a probation period of three months.