I. Job Title : Document Management Officert
II. Job Reference : RDTL-MPIE-MPS-2015-009
III. Terms of Reference : Attached
IV. Application procedure
Applications need to be addressed to the MPS Office at Hudi Laran, Fatuhada, Timor-Leste, or to email address, email@example.com, no later than 17:00 hours Timor-Leste time on Monday, the 18th day of May, 2015.
Applications should include (a) a covering letter (b) a detailed resume of no more than 7 pages.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Term of Reference
Position : Document Management Officer
Reference : RDTL-MPIE-MPS-2015-009
Reporting to : Database Specialist & Coordinator of MPS
Classification : Technical Contract
Duration : One Year with a 3 Months Probation Period (with possibility of extension based on performance assessment and the need)
Division : Database & IT Unit, Major Project Secretariat, Ministry of Planning and Strategic Investment
The Government of Timor-Leste has established an Infrastructure Fund since 2011 to finance major projects identified by the Line Ministries responsible for their planning, implementation and management. The Major Project Secretariat (MPS), under the guidance of the Ministry of Finance (MoF) and Council of Administration of the Infrastructure Fund (CAFI), to which the Major Projects Secretariat provides technical and management support services. To provide these services, the Major Projects Secretariat consists of the following main units: IF Management Unit, Payment Unit, Planning/Project Appraisal Unit, Loans Unit, Public Private Partnership Unit (PPP) and Database / Reporting Unit.
Further to restructure of V Government Constitutional in February 2015, the MPS has shifted to the Ministry of Planning and Strategic Investment while Public Private Partnership (PPP) and Loan Unit remain with the Ministry of Finance. Hence, the main duties of MPS still in the area IF Management Unit, Appraisal & Budgeting Unit, and Database & IT Unit.
Document Management Officer will responsible for all the MPS physical and electronic documents. Organize all the physical documents in the proper way and input all the electronic documents on the MPS e-Document Management System.
III. SCOPE OF WORK
The Document Management Officer shall undertake the following tasks:
- Undertake a comparative review of available MPS documents and prepare a report describing each together with a recommendation to MPS on the most appropriate for use in MPS.
- Review the tasks undertaken by all Units of MPS and determine the documents, documents structures & organization, each requires to organize them in a comprehensively way;
- Organize and maintain all the MPS documents in a proper way;
- Prepare procedures for physical and electronic documents management, maintenance and security;
- Ensure the confidentiality and availability of MPS physical and electronic documents.
- Perform other related duties as required.
IV. KEY DELIVERABLES
- A user-friendly comprehensive MPS physical and electronics documents;
- Manuals and procedures for document management;
- All the documents are well organized.
V. SELECTION CRITERIA
- First degree in Library, Information System or a related disciplines;
- Others relevant professional experiences of minimum 3 years in performing the above or similar tasks;
- Excellent English language skills both speaking and writing;
- Readiness to work with other international/national staff within a multi-cultural environment.
- Master degree in Library or Information System;
- Strong experience on physical document management;
- Ability to speak and write Portuguese language will be expected.
VI. PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
The performance of the Document Management Officer will be assessed by the Director of Major Project Secretariat, using the Performance Appraisal System put in place and carried out by the Ministry of Planning and Strategic Investment.
There will be a probation period of three months.