Internally & Externally
CARE International in Timor-Leste – CITL
Department / Project : Distribution of Sport and Literacy Packs to School
Position : Deputy Project Manager
Supervision : M&E Officer, Field Officer and Temporary Drivers
Coordination Line : LLM Project Manager, LLM Deputy Project Manager
Grade : C1
Salary : From $669 per month plus benefits
Duty Station : Dili with frequent travel to the Project sites
Report to : Program Coordinator
Contract period : May 11, 2015- September 30, 2015
CARE is an international humanitarian organization, with a vision of empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
People are CARE’s greatest assets. CARE international in Timor –Leste (CITL) ha s a diverse team of dedicated, talented professionals who work together to make a lasting impact.
The DPM manages all aspects of the project. He/she is responsible to maintain project continuity and leadership. The DPM, together with the management team, will help all staff to develop ownership and responsibility for the project as a whole and create a team spirit among the project staff.
- Lead the development of the detailed distribution plans and the execution of these plans;
- Coordinate with fleet, procurement, and logistics tasks with the relevant departments;
- Provide ongoing supervision and support to the distribution teams;
- Ensure proper and accurate filing and storage of the distribution receipts, waybills, photos, and other relevant reports forms;
- Provide regular updates to the Project Manager and Program Coordinator regarding the progress of the distribution process;
- Lead the HR management for the project including recruitment and training;
- Prepare weekly reports to be submitted to the donor;
- Any other relevant task assigned by the supervisor
- Assist with budget control and supervision
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Assist in the development and implementation of a monitoring plan for all project activities.
- Conduct spot checks at the target schools
- Any other relevant task as assigned by the supervisor.
- Master Degree in Education, Management, Social Science or equivalent;
- At least three years of working experience logistic/distribution of materials to schools/communities
- Proven strong report writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge through informal and formal trainings of staff
- Proven strong participatory management and supervisory skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to manage tight timelines and potentially stressful, handling multiple tasks, shifting priorities and deadlines
- Excellent attention to details
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Experience working with a budget
- Ability to work well in a team
In return of your commitment you will benefit from ongoing professional development fostered within an innovative and forward thinking environment, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply to this position, please email or submit your application letter and Curriculum Vitae with two references (Please DO NOT attached the other documents) to email@example.com OR to HR Unit, CARE International Timor-Leste, Bairo Pitte, Dili, OR by email before or by deadline 11 May 2015. Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview.
|CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE International Timor-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment.