Plan International in Timor-Leste
VACANCY: Early Childhood Care Development Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator
Purpose: How does this post support Plan’s strategy and mission?
Plan Timor-Leste is committed to assisting children, young people and their communities in the realization of their rights through both direct program interventions and evidence-based advocacy. ECCD is a key component of Plan’s interventions in Timor-Leste and the main purpose of this role is to responsible for the collection of key monitoring data that monitors participation, changes in knowledge, skills attitudes of Childrens, and parens and duty bearers as a result of their participation in the program.
Dimensions of Role:
M&E Coordinator will need to work closely with the ECCD District Coordinator and all ECCD staff in Aileu and partner staff in Ainaro especially in MaubisseSub-district. The M&E officer will be based in Aileu and with some travel to Dili and Maubisse. The M&E officer will report to the National ECCD Coordinator in Dili
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
- Revise the draft M&E project plan with the project team and ensure that the M&E system feeds into program management decision-making;
- Develop data collection and storage tools and systems that measures project performance;
- Ensure that all data collected through the M&E system is disaggregated by sex, disability, urban/rural and age;
- Undertake analysis of data on a quarterly basis and share results during ECCD staff meetings;
- Design and implement a baseline survey at the suco and aldeia levels utilizing standard Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA) tools;
- Work closely with the ECCD District Coordinator in Aileu and Ainaro (Maubisse)
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with field staff including organizing appropriate M&E training;
- Monitor child protection issues, informing Plan management in the case of suspected neglect or abuse;
- In the event of a significant humanitarian emergency, coordinate rapid assessments in the affected areas;
- Contribute to Plan Timor-Leste’s Annual Program Participatory Review processes
Knowledge and Experience
- University education with an appropriate qualification for the role
- Significant long term experience in monitoring and evaluation of community based projects
- Experience in training of children and young people and understanding of participatory children adult learning principles
- Commitment to working with children and young people
- Commitment to work in rural communities
- Commitment to equal respect for women
- Demonstrated skills and experience in planning, monitoring, budget management; report writing
- Spoken and written English a major advantage
- Able to ride motorcycle
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS AND CONSULTANCIES…
- We strongly encourage applications from women and from people with disabilities
- Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
- Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff and consultants are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
- Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 8 May 2015
TO APPLY FOR POSTS …. Send resume/CV with cover letter and names and contact details of three referees, to Info.email@example.com or by hand to , Rua Bairo Dos Grilhos, no 20 near Xanana Sports Centre, opposite CNRT office), Dili, Timor-Leste
Plan International in Timor Leste
Avenida Nu’u Laran No. 20
Bairo dos Grilos
PO Box 246, Dili, Timor Leste
Office +670 331 2492 | Mobile + 670 77239 100| Skype tigi.teri
“Founded 75 years ago, Plan is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organisations in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations”.