Internally & Externally
Title : National Procurement and Safety & Security Officer (1 position)
Unit : Timor-Leste Office
Supervises : N/A
Report to : Operation Manager
Contract duration : 1 year with possibility extension depend on funding
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for overall procurement of the office and program equipment. The tasks will include, but it not limited to, procurement for general supplies and equipment for the office, doing procurement for program and its partners. This position will perform also as Safety & Security Focal Point for overseeing the safety & security matter.
- Internal Contacts
The procurement officer will coordinate with Operations Manager and other administrative / operations staff including Transport Officer, IT Assistant as well as other program and financial staff in the Dili office.
Frequent and close coordination necessary with contractors, vendors and other providers to the Foundation.
At least 3 years’ experience in comparable positions
Demonstrated ability to manage procurement
High School Diploma required, further education desirable.
Excellent sense of responsibility
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel is required
Attention to detail
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Pro-active performance style.
The procurement, Safety and Security Officer is responsible for the following duties
- Responsibility on procurement matters and relevant process such as Request For Quotation (RFQ), Canvassing / Bid evaluation, Request For Payment (RFP) and other competitive procurement process to ensure value for money and compliance with procurement rules and conditions.
- Plan, Organize and lead bid solicitation processes including drafting and issuing Request For Quotation (RFQ), Request For Payment (RFP), evaluating decisions and preparing all documentation.
- Applies the procurement requirements and develop the most appropriate methods to evaluate based on interpretation and assessment of approved policies, practices and experience.
- Negotiate and prepare the contractual arrangement, ensuring appropriate terms and conditions are included to protect the interest of TAF and review by Operations Manager.
- Purchasing materials and equipment for the TAF office and TAF-assisted projects/programmes in accordance with the rules and conditions of TAF and its donors.
- Clearing all procurement through the customs process including preparing all supporting documentation.
- Coordinating effectively with colleagues in the administrative and financial division and project teams.
- Notify the request unit or project and programs the procurement process and arrange the safe delivery of the good to the destination.
- Ensure all the procurement document are filed base on the unit / charge code for audit requirements.
- Establish and updates regularly a database of supplier list and potential suppliers / vendors and service provider for all frequently purchased goods and required services as well as the regular price list.
- Identifies preferred vendors for frequently purchased goods and supports Operations Manager with reliable data for framework contracts.
- Completes and files Registration Format for all inventoried items and support updates to inventory data base performed by Operation Manager
B. Safety & Security:
- Coordinate with Operation Manager Review and make recommendations regarding safety requirements of the office plus residences the development of an action plan and provide regular update on the security protocol.
- Develop a solid understanding of TAF safety and security procedures and liaise with other stakeholders for the effective implementation.
- Conduct security assessments and risk analysis as required.
- with Operation Manager facilitate transmission of day-to-day security updates and directions to all TAF members
- Assist the senior management team in respoding to and to follow up on any security incidents.
- Develop and maintain a list of key contacts specifics to security information and coordination, including liasing with other partners in this security area.
- Coordinate with General Service Officer conduct regular safety inspections of TAF office, residences and assets.
- Assist the distribution of security information from INGO Security Meeting to all staff members.
- Coordinate with Transport Officer for the vehicle tracking system.
- Monitor staff compliance of safety and security as well as emergency preparedness procedures.
- Oversee special requests and projects on an as-needed basis.
- Pro-active approach to procurement equipment or supplies.
- Work in close co-operation with General Support Officer, logistics/maintenance officer and cleaner.
- Perform other duties and task as assign by the Management
The Asia Foundation strongly encourages women to apply. The position is open for Timorese national.
All applications must include a cover letter, an updated CV and must address the selection criteria. Please include three contactable referees. They must be addressed to Odete Laranjinha Pinto – HR Officer, and delivered by hand to the Asia Foundation’s office at Rua Praia dos Coqueiros, Bairo Metin Rua, Dili, Timor-Leste OR via email firstname.lastname@example.org before or by Friday, 27 March 2015 at 05.00 PM,
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview