Plan International in Timor-Leste
Media and Communication Manager
Plan is seeking a creative and ambitious media and communications professional. We offer a long-term career, a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to serve the children of Timor Leste in a dynamic organization.
Plan is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women and people with disabilities.
Responsibilities will include
- Lead design and production of attractive, user-friendly English language information materials for Plan supporters outside Timor-Leste, including written reports, photos, social media and videos.
- Lead design, testing and production of user-friendly information in Tetun about Plan for partners, children and communities in Timor-Leste
- Identify potential providers to provide design and communications services and manage business relationships with them
· Support Plan’s internal communications through production of an internal newsletter, managing Plan’s internal Facebook page
· Manage media visits to Plan projects
· Support advocacy for child rights
· Increase media coverage inside and outside Timor-Leste
· Contribute to Plan International’s Media Bank with quality stories and photographs.
· Build the capacity of staff to take quality photos and video, use social media and produce high quality written materials
Skills, qualifications, experience required
· Fluent and engaging written and spoken English and Tetun are essential (We will test both.)
· Experience in journalism, PR or corporate communications is a major advantage
· Excellent information technology skills are essential, including Word, Excel, online internet resources, social media and smart phones.
· Skills in photography, design and video production are essential.
· Experience in preparing and managing budgets is a major advantage
· Negotiation, networking and cross-cultural communications skills
· Work experience in an international organization is an advantage.
Location Based in Plan’s Country Office in Dili, with frequent trips of several days to Aileu and Ainaro Districts, and occasional international travel.
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS AND CONSULTANCIES…
- We strongly encourage applications from women and from people with disabilities
- Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
- Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff and consultants are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
- Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures, including tests in English and Tetun
- Posts are open to Timorese citizens and to non-Timorese residents with the right to live and work in Timor
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 27 March 2015
TO APPLY FOR POSTS …. Send resume/CV with cover letter and names and contact details of three professional referees, to Info.TimorLeste@plan-international.org
“Founded 75 years ago, Plan is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organisations in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations”.