Plan International in Timor-Leste
Deputy Country Director for Operations
Plan is seeking a highly qualified and experienced manager for the senior post of Deputy Country Director (DCD) for Operations. The DCD leads, supervises and mentors a team of managers for Finance, Administration, ICT, Human Resources and Security. She/he is a member of the Country Management Team and of Plan’s global and Asia region networks.
Plan is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, and from people with disabilities. We offer a long-term career, a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to serve the children of Timor Leste in a dynamic organization.
· Overall responsibility for efficient and effective Finance, Administration, Information and Communications Technology (ICT), Human Resources (HR) and Security.
· Lead, supervise and mentor managers/staff for Finance, Administration, ICT, HR and Security.
· Lead preparation and monitoring of the Annual Budget (currently circa $3.5m)
· Contribute to overall Plan strategy and planning in Timor Leste
· Be a leading member of the Country Management Team
· Represent Timor Leste in Plan’s global and Asian networks
Skills, qualifications, experience required
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Masters in Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent from an internationally recognized institution
· Substantial experience as director/manager for Finance/Administration with a large international company or organization
· Fluent English is essential (We will test shortlisted candidates before interview.)
· Fluent Tetun or Bahasa Indonesia a major advantage
Location Based in Plan’s Country Office in Dili, with some trips of several days to Aileu and Ainaro Districts, and occasional international travel.
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS AND CONSULTANCIES…
- We strongly encourage applications from women, and from people with disabilities
- Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
- Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff and consultants are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
- Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures, including tests before shortlisting for interview
- Posts are open to Timorese citizens and to non-Timorese residents with the right to live and work in Timor Leste
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 27 March 2015
TO APPLY FOR POSTS …. Send resume/CV with cover letter and names and contact details of three professional referees, to Info.TimorLeste@plan-international.org
“Founded 75 years ago, Plan is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organisations in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations”.