OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Title: DRR Project Assistant (3 Staff’s)
Duty Station: Dili, Timor-Leste
Type of Appointment: SPECIAL SHORT TERM (SST)
Reference code: VN/2015/002
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (COM), the Project Assistant is responsible for assisting in the implementation of IOM DRR project activities. In particular, the incumbent will be responsible for the following functions:
- Assist project manager in maintaining collaborative relationships with humanitarian and development actors in Timor-Leste, including government, multi-lateral organizations, NGOs, media, etc
- Be the main focal point for implementation at the District level of project deliverables;
- Monitor and compile basic information on project related topics and assist PM in organizing and implementing relevant activities to address and respond to local government and village priorities accordingly;
- Assist the project Manager to promote and raise awareness of IOM’s activities by disseminating promotional materials to Government, partners, stakeholders and the public;
- Assist the project manager to ensure that IOM Timor-Leste actively participates in government DRR related activities and events to promote DRR awareness;
- Assist project manager in ensuring appropriate documentation of IOM activities through media initiatives (photos, human interest stories, documentaries, etc.);
- Participate in project-related meetings, workshops, seminars, coordination meetings as required;
- Act with integrity and professionalism and in accordance with IOM’s Code of Conduct, at all times;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the project manager.
High school diploma or equivalent. University degree, in Disaster Risk Reduction related areas of study would be an advantage, or alternatively, combination of related education and professional experience.
At least four years of professional experience in related activities. Thorough knowledge of government structures and development planning mechanisms. Strong knowledge and implementation experience with DRR issues and relevant government structures.
Demonstrated strong communication skills as well as interpersonal and public relation skills. Ability to prepare clear and concise reports. Existing network and demonstrated government relations and ability to mobilize government representatives to achieve results. Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results, respect for diversity, creative thinking, and punctual. Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
Language: Fluency in English and Tetum both written and spoken is required. Working knowledge of Portuguese and or Bahasa is an advantage.
Please send only your application letter and CV to the email address: email@example.com.
Applications submit directly to IOM Office will not be considered. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Post is open only to national of the country. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
The deadline for submitting applications is: 25 March 2015