PROGRAM OFFICER – Administration, Finance & Logistics
AUSTRALIAN VOLUNTEERS INTERNATIONAL TIMOR-LESTE
Closing Date for Applications: 09 March 2015
Australian Volunteers International (AVI) is an independent not-for-profit organisation, with a head office based in Melbourne, Australia. We manage people-centred development projects and programs in a wide range of countries. Our work focuses on reducing poverty, providing health and education services, promoting human rights and gender equality, and protecting the environment.
AVI’s Timor-Leste office jointly manages the Australian government’s Australian Volunteers for International Development (AVID) Program in Timor-Leste. It is a small office comprising a Country Manager and two Program Officers. The volunteers themselves work in various parts of the country. AVI’s Volunteer Program currently comprises on average 20 volunteers in Timor-Leste.
AVI is currently seeking a motivated individual for the position of Program Officer – Administration, Finance and Logistics to support the Country Manager and volunteers in Timor-Leste. This is a full time position based in Dili, although some travel may also be required. Working hours are 8:30am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday, although these may be flexible as evening and weekend activities do occur on occasion.
- Providing support to volunteers including coordinating in-country orientation programs when volunteers arrive to Timor-Leste and assisting with pastoral care support for volunteers on assignment as necessary.
- Supporting the Country Manager in risk management and critical incident management activities.
- Working with the Country Manager to development and implement new volunteer assignments with existing and potential partner organisations.
Key Selection Criteria
- Diploma in Accounting / finance Management, or relevant experience related to, NGO financial management, and office administration.
Knowledge and Experience
- High level skills in financial administration; office and program administration and information management.
- Excellent computer skills including confidence using databases, Excel and Word.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with empathetic approach and the ability to effectively and efficiently respond to a diverse range of people issues.
- Demonstrated experience working in international organisations in Timor-Leste, preferably in an INGO.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Tetun and the ability to translate simple documents.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills, including the ability to take initiative, be flexible, set priorities, meet deadlines and work independently to achieve objectives
- Ability to think critically, analyse and problem-solve.
- A high level of cross-cultural awareness and understanding of the difficulties faced by foreigners working in Timor-Leste-context.
- Knowledge of safety and security risks related to foreigners living and working in Timor-Leste, and an understanding of appropriate risk management strategies.
- Understanding and commitment to AVI’s vision and values, and a commitment to equal employment opportunity, workplace health and safety, child protection and privacy principles*
- Current Timor-Leste car driver’s licence preferable, a willingness to learn to drive a car is essential.
- Salary level in line with standard INGO practices in Timor-Leste
- Employment conditions and benefits in compliance with RDTL law or higher
- Provision for professional development and training opportunities
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit applications by email to email@example.com with a Subject line of “AVI Program Officer Position”.
Applications can also be submitted to the office of Entrega Ba in Bidau Manumata.
For important information relating to this position please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office of Entrega Ba on +670 7861-3816.
Applications must include:
- A cover letter of interest and information to address the listed Selection Criteria
- An current Curriculum Vitae
- The names and contact details of three referees
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.