REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Democratic Republic of East Timor
Second Chance Education Project
Grant Nos: P116520
Expressions of Interest
The Democratic Republic of East Timor has received financing administered by the World Bank towards the cost of the Second Chance Education Project (SCEP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consultant services regarding: Monitoring and Evaluation Adviser.
Responsibilities of the consultant will be: Assist and support the existing DNER staff to accomplish their day-to-day tasks and demonstrate strong performance, including among others the following:
A. Development of M&E Tools, Instruments and Manuals:
- In close consultation the Minister’s Office, the MoE Planning Department, with Recurrent Education Specialist, Curriculum Development Specialist, IT Consultant, Data Monitoring and Analysis Adviser, establish a methodology to review and develop M&E system in DNER, districts and sub-district Recurrent Education that is an integral part of the MoE M&E system.
- Help the DNER directorate to review the existing M&E system including the tools, instruments and manuals and present the result to get feedback
- Develop M&E system including tools, Instruments and Manuals to enable the DNER operates effectively and present the result in a workshop to get feedback from all concerned MoE units, consultants and advisors.
- Provide training to DNER staff, District and sub-district RE coordinator, staffs and CLC committee on the approved M&E system including tools and Instruments and manuals and how to link those with regular reporting system of the directorate
- Assist the department in trialling of newly developed M&E system including tools, Instruments and manuals and help drafting of initial report;
- Provide inputs to the DNER on how to ensure that the ME system is well function and maintained beyond the SCEP period (including what to include (and costed) in the DNER Annual Action Plan.
B. Data Management, Control and Maintenance:
- Work in collaboration with DNER MIS/IT, National EMIS department and other MoE units and consultants as the situation may dictate on MoE/DNER Data Management, data control, and maintenance of the MoE’s/DNER critical applications,
- Support the national staff to ensure there is smooth operation of the critical application developed and adopted at the DNER linked with MoE system;
- Work closely with the RE Specialist and the EMIS focal point to support data collection.
- Perform acceptance tests and coordinates new systems components, and carry out post-implementation evaluation;
- Work closely with the national staff to identify and address data collection challenges that affect this operation;
- In cooperation with MIS/IT to administer developed database both administratively and technically, and improve operations of the M&E systems, if required by the Ministry of Education;
- Confirmed and used of the M&E system including tools, instrument, manual and database in DNER, district and sub-district Recurrent Education
- Availability of M&E Manual as expected;
- Functional of data management, control and reporting
- Capacity building for M&E National, district and sub-district Recurrent Education.
- Printing of manual data collection forms to be distributed to the Community Learning Center, Sub-district RE coordinator, district RE coordinator and chief of section
The assignment is planned for 3 person-months and expected to start ASAP.
The Ministry of Education of the Democratic Republic of East Timor now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services for this position. Firms are not invited to propose individual consultants. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (CV, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills, etc.).
Qualification requirements are:
- Holds University Degree (Masters Degree is an advantage) in Management, Business Information System, Development Studies, Data Management or other related fields.
- Minimum of 6 years experiences in relevant areas of M&E, project management, project implementation particular in the areas of No-Formal education or other related fields;
- Poses basic skills in computers and office software (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Knowledge in Business Information Management System;
- Willing to work in any circumstance of pressure to finalize his or her assignment on time and to take extra work if it is deemed necessary in accordance with the priority of the Ministry.
The successful candidate shall be offered a standard remuneration package according to rates for this level of specialization.
Interested eligible consultants may obtain further information and a copy of the Terms of Reference from the Second Chance Education Project at the address given below or visit Ministry’s website at: https://www.moe.gov.tl/?q=node
The email subject heading must be: Monitoring and Evaluation Adviser.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011).
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 09:00 to 17:00 hours of local time.
The Expression of Interest together with your latest curriculum vitae must be delivered to the email address given below by 4th March 2015.
Attn: Mr. Danino da Cunha
National Director of Procurement
Ministry of Education
Democratic Republic of East Timor
Vila Verde, Dili
Tel: +670 3311035