Facilitator -Prevention of GBV
“Economic and social empowerment with gender perspective in Cambodia, East Timor, and Vietnam”
About Paz y Desarrollo (PyD)
Paz y Desarrollo – Peace and Development – is a Non Governmental Development Organization founded in 1991 in Córdoba, Spain. Over its more than 20 years of work, Paz y Desarrollo has put in place more than 780 International Cooperation projects and programs in 35 countries across Asia, Latin America and Africa, seeking to improve women and men’s capacities and to ensure the sustainable development of communities. Paz y Desarrollo is a secular, non-political organization committed to promoting gender equality and women’s empowerment throughout its scope of activities.
About the Project:
“Economic and social empowerment with gender perspective in Cambodia, East Timor, and Vietnam” contributed to the realisation of economic and social rights, to reduce poverty and improve gender sensitive social equity. Framed under this activity lies the Edutainment initiative for the prevention of GBV, that aims to encourage positive gender relations between men and women based on gender equitable behavior.Seeking to prevent initial perpetration through activities designed to eliminate the underlying causes and risk factors and strengthen protective factors.
Under the supervision of the Gender Technical Officer and Program Manager, the candidate will be the focal point for the implementation of the primary prevention of gender based violence in East Timor. Promotion of changes in behavior, Economic and social empowerment with gender perspective in Cambodia, East Timor, and Vietnam””
The selected candidate will have the following responsibilities:
– Identify university, schools, art centers, training colleges and participants for the implementation of trainings.
– Support the Gender Technical Officer in the coordination of trainings –including planning, logistics, facilitating communication with the institutions involved and completion of M&E reports.
– Facilitate trainings of the manual for the promotion of critical thinking at university, schools, art centers and training colleges
– Assist the Gender Technical Officer in the implementation of activities for the prevention of GBV, including public events for the dissemination of the baseline investigation and promotion of critical thinking on gender relations.
– Support Gender Technical Officer in capacity building of PyD staff in the area of GBV prevention, potentiating the integration of this perspective in all their activities as ‘agents of change’.
o Proficiency in Tetun and good knowledge of English are mandatory;
o Proficiency in English and/or Portuguese would be a strong advantage;
o Knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia, and/or local dialects spoken in the target districts (Manatuto, Baucau, Viqueque, Lautem) would be an advantage;
o University background in Sosial, education cience or other relevant field;
o Several years of experience in gender and development,conflict management and other relevant areas.
o Experience in working with NGOs or other international agencies would be an advantage.
o Several years of experience as a fasilitator in gender and development areas.
o Highly proficient with Office Pack (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Internet;
o Excellent communication and writing skills;
o Gender awareness and knowledge of critical gender issues, especially in relation to the youth.
o Working in a team.
Personal qualities :
o The selected candidate must be pro-active, motivated, autonomous and with strong organizational skills, flexible and creative.
For those that are interested in this position, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, CC: email@example.com. Please include in the object of the email: “Application: Facilitator-Prevention of GBV” and your motivation letter. Maximum email size is 2MB.
PyD will directly contact those candidates that will be considered for an interview.
The deadline for the application is Friday, the 27th of February, 2015.