Plan International in Timor-Leste
Call for Expressions of Interest:
LOCAL CONSULTANT FOR CONSTRUCTION MONITORING OF SCHOOL WATER AND SANITATION FACILITIES IN LAUTEM AND AILEU DISTRICTS
Plan International in Timor-Leste, with funding from the European Union, is overseeing the construction of school toilet and handwashing stations at 8 schools in Lautem and 10 schools in Aileu. The consultancy will ensure routine construction quality monitoring is carried out at each school site as well as the development of “as built” designs for each school location.
Plan invites Expressions of Interest from appropriately qualified and experienced local consultants for this consultancy. The full ToR may be requested from Julio do Rego, email: Julio.doRego@plan-international.org
Experience and qualifications
· Certified Civil Engineer
· Construction background with experience in school WASH facility design (including water supply)
· Timor-Leste nationality
· Excellent communication skills (Tetun written and spoken) Bahasa language skills a plus
· Basic English skills preferred
· Proven experience working with AutoCAD or similar engineering design software
· Ability to ride a motorbike and travel in rural remote areas in Lautem and Aileu
· Community development experience preferred
Timing: The consultancy is expected to cover a four month period starting from 01 March 2015 – 30 June 2015.
To submit an EoI for this consultancy
Please submit the following for comparison and evaluation.
- EoI should 1) outline past experience with similar work and 2) monthly rate for carrying out duties as outlined in ToR
- Curriculum Vitae
- Details of three professional referees
Send EoIs either through email to Julio.doRego@plan-international.org or by hand delivery in a sealed envelope to Plan’s office at Bairo dos Grilhos, Dili, Timor Leste
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 16th February 2015
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS AND CONSULTANCIES…
- Strong ICT skills, including Word, Excel and e-communications, are essential
- Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
- Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff and consultants are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
- Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into, unless initiated by Plan
- Short listed candidates may be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures.