Internally & Externally
Title : Outreach and Implementation Officer – National position
Program : HAKOHAK – Polisia ho Komunidade
Unit : Timor-Leste Office
Reports to : Chief of Party and Deputy Program Manager
Contract Duration : 1 year (Full Time), with possibility for extension based on funding
SUMMARY OF POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
This position works with the HAKOHAK Polisia ho Communidade (Community Policing Program) to deliver effective communications of the project’s goals and achievements. Supports the Chief of Party in outside communications, assists the PNTL in developing communication products, develops information products on Community Policing, and supervises the running of the Community Police Call in Radio Program, the TVTL public service announcements on Community Policing, contributions to LAFAEK magazine. The position also assists program officers and coordinators in logistical arrangements to deliver implementation in the Districts.
Internal Foundation Contacts
Program, finance, administrative and program support unit staff in the Foundation’s Timor-Leste’s office on a regular basis; Foundation offices in San Francisco headquarters, Washington DC, and other field offices in Asia on an occasional basis.
East Timorese partner organizations, including NGOs and government agencies; Policia National Timor-Leste (PNTL); U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and New Zealand Agency for International Development (NZAID); New Zealand Police, other bilateral and multilateral donors in East Timor with police support programs.
- Demonstrated work experience in implementation of international development programs in security, legal reform, or governance
- Professional experience with an international NGO preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with East Timor government ministries and agencies, and NGOs Understanding of USAID and/or other international or government funding agencies
- Demonstrated commitment to East Timor’s development
- Professional manner, tact, diplomacy and discretion in dealing with members, non-members, complainants and colleagues.
- Draws on a number of known options to solve problems and to develop improvements.
- Computer skills to produce effective spreadsheets, reports, documents and presentations, as required.
- Knowledge of marketing and communications principles, guidelines and best working practices.
- Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions. Able to work with diverse personalities and styles.
- Ability to function effectively and flexibly in a fast-changing work environment with multi-national staff and partner organizations.
- Understanding of Radio and TV media protocols
University Bachelor degree or equivalent in relevant discipline.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, Indonesian and Tetun; Portuguese preferred.
- Strong written and oral analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated organizational abilities
- Computer proficient in word processing and spreadsheets
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Administrative support for the implementation of the project activities
- Assist the Deputy Program Manager with the day to day operational management relating to the project
- Monitor and manage in coordination with the operational unit, project inventory in a timely fashion.
- Provide strong support for the successful implementation of procurement process for consultants, services and assets from its initial step, so as to ensure strict compliance with relevant procurement process.
- Monitor and manage, in coordination with the HAKOHAK unit as well as for the logistical arrangements with the operational team.
- Maintain the project filling system for project staff and consultants, donors, correspondence and other documents.
- Establish a proper archive for old files
- Assist staff and district coordinators with administrative issues including timesheet, leave request, field visits, etc
- Maintain a record book and filing system of all incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Ensure the timely submission of all required documents.
- Coordinate the submission of documents for translation and the identification and liaise with the contractors
- Liaise with the Admin, Finance and Grants unit on matters related to the implementation of the project activities.
- Collect and prepare quotations for services as required
- Support the entire process for the printing of relevant publications under the project direction.
The Foundation publications and other external coordination
- Maintain regular media-communication contacts among national government, civil society, media and donor partners.
- Develop public outreach campaigns and high external consultants to implement as designed.
- Coordinate with the suppliers/contractors for the production of reports, posters and brochure, radio and TV programs.
- In close coordination with the Foundation communication specialist, organize and distribute publications such as newsletters and other correspondences.
- Arrange workshops and conference for the programs.
- Assist with various projects as requested to ensure the programs have been documented properly and meet the Foundation donor requirements.
The Asia Foundation strongly encourages women to apply.
All applications must include a cover letter, an updated CV and must address the selection criteria. Please include three contactable referees. They must be addressed to Dian Saputri – Administration & HR Manager, and delivered by hand to the Asia Foundation’s office at Rua Praia dos Coqueiros, Bairo Metin Rua, Dili, Timor-Leste OR via email firstname.lastname@example.org before or by Friday, 02 February 2015 at 05.00 PM,
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview