Internally & Externally
Title : Driver – National position
Program : Operation Unit
Unit : Timor-Leste Office
Reports to : Transport Officer
Contract Duration : 1 year (Full Time), with possibility for extension based on funding
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for providing assistance to the Foundation staff, consultants and visitors in Dili and to the districts.
Regular contact with Transport Officer and Operations Manager. Routine contact with other program and administration staff in Dili office.
Regular contact with Foundation consultants and visitors, government offices with responsibility for vehicle issues, Foundation partners, and other organizations with which the Foundation cooperates.
Demonstrated experience as a driver, with a good safety record and compliant with traffic and other vehicle laws and regulations.
Demonstrated experience in maintenance of vehicles.
Work experience with international organization preferred.
High School Education
Valid driver’s license required.
Verbal and written communication skills in English and Tetum required; Indonesian and Portuguese desirable.
Excellent interpersonal skills
Pro-active performance style
Ability to function effectively and flexibly in a fast-paced work environment
- Coordinate with Transport Officer for the vehicle and driving schedule in Dili and for field trip schedule.
- Comply with road rules and traffic regulations, and keep up to date on the rules and regulations.
- Report any traffic incidents to Transport Officer or Operation Manager if Transport Officer not available.
- Obtain clear information on driving assignment destinations and ensure Transport Officer and passenger is aware of the route that will be taken.
- Support for official Correspondence.
B. Vehicle Registration
- Carry out registration of TAF vehicles, under guidance of the Trasport Officer.
- Check vehicles daily for registration documents.
- Take TAF vehicles to the ET Motor Vehicle Registry Office for inspections.
C. Vehicle maintenance and service
- Ensure and Maintain vehicle logs and keep the cleanliness.
- Ensure that TAF vehicles have sufficient petrol and oil; fill the vehicles on a regular schedule and maintain the petrol log.
- Monitor vehicles on a regular basis for condition and required maintenance; report to Transport Officer on dents or other damage to the vehicles.
- Conduct routine maintenance on vehicles.
- Organize regular service checks for vehicles, as required by the service schedule.
- Prepare the Timesheet and Attendance log, assisted by Transport Officer
- Prepare the EER when return from field trip
- Assist in loading and off-loading.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by management.
All applications must include a cover letter, an updated CV and must address the selection criteria. Please include three contactable referees. They must be addressed to Dian Saputri – Administration & HR Manager, and delivered by hand to the Asia Foundation’s office at Rua Praia dos Coqueiros, Bairo Metin Rua, Dili, Timor-Leste OR via email firstname.lastname@example.org before or by Monday, 02 February 2015 at 05.00 PM,
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview