FreeBalance Government Professional Services Consultant – Timor-Leste
The Government Professional Services Consultant works as a team member on our Professional Services team and is responsible for all aspects of implementing FreeBalance Government Accountability Software, using generally accepted accounting principles and standards, Government-wide accounting policies and best practices, extensive product knowledge, and applying technology to government business operations. Key to this position is the ability to transfer knowledge and skill to government staff for capacity building and in assisting the government organization with change management best practices in transitioning to the new financial management processes and software. Serving as a subject matter expert, provide support to other areas within FreeBalance such as input to product enhancements and preparation of bid submissions.
- Provide expertise and knowledge of multiple functional areas of expertise, with hands-on experience with FreeBalance products/solutions
- Manage customer expectations and advocate FreeBalance values
- Review and assemble government financial management system legislation, policies operations and reporting requirements, all of which are necessary input to the business review and reengineering stage
- Conduct business requirements review with the client and prepare requirements analyses and system/configuration design related to required government accounting functions
- Configure and demonstrate the FreeBalance software/solution to the client, illustrating the mapping between the process to the technology
- Develop acceptance test plans and conduct acceptance testing of the configured FreeBalance software/system with the client
- Develop training material and deliver required product and user training courses, including ‘Train the Trainer’, to meet the client’s needs
- Transfer knowledge to the client related to project management, change management and correct use of the FreeBalance products/solution as a ‘Super User’
- Manage your day-to-day operations aspects of a project and scope, including meeting the project schedules and WBS tasks, and submitting quality deliverables
- Expertise in public financial administration and more specifically: development, monitoring, follow-up and execution of the budget, public accounting / financial control, human resources management in the public sector, taxation, public investment and government procurement
- Use effective leadership skills to complete all phases of projects from inception through completion
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently on projects
- Provide input to product management on functional matters and future product requirements based on feedback from the client
- Report progress on all assigned activity and deliverables to the Project Manager
- Work with the Project Manager and team to achieve all milestones in a timely manner and on budget
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum University degree in Accounting or a related field such as Commerce, Business Administration, Financial Administration, with a strong financial management experience
- Financial designation (e.g. CMA, CGA) and work experience with a large national accounting firm or ERP firm an asset
- 5 years of experience in ERP software implementation
- Solid understanding of budgeting and accounting processes and procedures, particularly in the public sector
- Demonstrated experience in implementing and deploying software applications, gathering and documenting client’s requirements, particularly for the development and implementation of software applications
- Strong software configuration experience
- Demonstrated experience working with customers resulting in a positive and ongoing relationship
- Professional demeanor to customer and colleagues
- Strong analytical, training and project management skills with multi-tasking ability
- The successful candidate MUST be willing to travel and MUST read, write and speak English fluently
This is a full-time position based in Timor-Leste. Ability to travel internationally and locally on as needs basis for extended periods desired.
For more job vacancies in FreeBalance, please visit http://www.freebalance.com/company/jobs.asp.
FreeBalance helps governments around the world leverage robust Government Resource Planning
(GRP) technology to accelerate country growth. FreeBalance software solutions for public financial and human resource management support reform and modernization to improve governance, transparency and accountability. Good governance is required to improve development results.
Make a difference in this world and join FreeBalance!
Please submit your cover letter and comprehensive resume to: Ms. Mitzi Anne Mendoza at email@example.com.